Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@Mz iMac 

Does look like the store cams....you are right......... the mother said it was a racist issue......... or she felt it was. NEVER take that out on a baby......NEVER....I'm disgusted....with our world. So much for love each other....our blood is all red. 

@cbrite   The mom and the grandmother were speaking Spanish and the idiot woman asked her if she understood what she was saying.   She apparently was assuming the mom didn't speak or at least understand English.

I'm thinking the Spanish language set her off first.

What a nasty person.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Valued Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

Terrible to do ....but it did get in the media..... wonder how? 

SAN JOSE WOMAN .png

SAN JOSE MOM BABY.png

San Jose......... 

@cbrite    Store security cameras

Check this story Google 

Honored Contributor

I don't know what is going on with people.  Last week a woman went and caughed on another lady because the lady mentioned she was not wearing a mask.

Honored Contributor

Saw an elderly male coughing at people entering my local "big" discount store.   He was "hiding" behind his truck parked right in front of the entrance to the store......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: California Woman

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't know. It does feel to me that there is some unspoken message that has emboldened people to act out in ways I don't recall in the past, at least not on the level we're seeing.

I just read today that my county's wonderful director of health has been facing death threats for a couple months now from seriously out-there people. She's not resigning; she's in for the duration.

I preferred when the loons stayed in their mothers' basements or shouted on street corners.

Couldn't agree more, I just don't think it's always unspoken.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

What mother and grandmother would have EVER even allowed a stranger even BEGIN to approach me, my baby, anybody to move closer to their baby like this woman did????????????

It is MY practice to back away when I see someone begin to get closer to me - in THIS day and age OR any day and age.

If  you do not know me and/or I do not know you. STAY the HECK AWAY FROM ME.

Respected Contributor

Re: California Woman

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

A good GF, of mine just sent me this article, and I thought the same thing what the h*** is wrong with people.

I just can't with people nowadays. I just don't get them. Years, ago I had a co-worker and we would joke back and forth with each other about different things. Whenever, I was appalled with us humans, she would jokingly tell me that I needed to lower my expectations of mankind and I would stop being disappointed.

It's not a joke anymore.....

It was one person. Not the whole country. Not the whole world. 

@Lali1 

Obviously you are missing what's going on in our country and the world.

No I am not missing anything. I just don't believe that all the bad the media focus on for ratings is a true represntation of the country as a whole. They do it because they get no ratings from talking about how good many people are. So go ahead and believe everyone is bad if you choose I choose not to. 

Trusted Contributor

We're going to hear about these stories because they're outrageous and that's what sells the news.  This was ONE very stupid person.  MOST people are considerate and would never do anything like this.  I would say, though, that IF she asked the people in line with her to distance themselves a bit more and did it in a respectful way, then those people are at fault too if they refused her request.  I'm not justifying her reaction, but the other people need to think about their behavior too.  If we ALL acted appropriately, we wouldn't be reading or discussing these things. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   I could be wrong but I believe the woman was already in line when the Spanish speaking family got in behind her NOT practicing social distancing.

To avoid this type of behaviour at the cashiers, the stores in N.J. have colored taped lines or colored huge X's spaced 6 feet apart on the floor.  At least this is the way it is in South Joisey.  Can't comment on North Joisey! Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif