Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3  .....  You are lucky your Director is staying. Ours finally evidently said enough was enough after Kings Island filed a lawsuit and named her in it and decided to resign. Can't blame her.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@suzyQ3  .....  You are lucky your Director is staying. Ours finally evidently said enough was enough after Kings Island filed a lawsuit and named her in it and decided to resign. Can't blame her.

@Sheila P-Burg, Barbara Ferrer, our L.A. County Health Director, is not one to be reckoned with.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: California Woman

[ Edited ]

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

USA Today has an article where a woman in California was in a yogurt shop line for check out. There was a baby in a stroller, the mother and the grandmother behind her. Words were exchanged because she felt they were not social distancing enough. She finally removed her mask, knelt down to the baby and coughed in the baby's face several times. They have a picture of her and the police are looking for her to charge her with assault. What type of person would intentionally try to hurt a baby?

It seems like there is less and less regard for human life. I really hope they find the woman who did that. People are just unbelievable.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't know. It does feel to me that there is some unspoken message that has emboldened people to act out in ways I don't recall in the past, at least not on the level we're seeing.

I just read today that my county's wonderful director of health has been facing death threats for a couple months now from seriously out-there people. She's not resigning; she's in for the duration.

I preferred when the loons stayed in their mothers' basements or shouted on street corners.

I think people are allowing their social media/online personas into the real world. 

Also, many take their cues from TV.  How much kindness have you seen there lately?

Some people don't see the line between reality and fiction. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

"police are looking for her to charge her with assault."

That's all????  Due to Covid-19, in N.J. the person would have been charged w/terroristic threat.  It is a third degree crime in New Jersey, which means you can be punished with up to 3-5 years in prison and fines of up to $15,000 if you are convicted of this offense. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

In this world of inhumani... | Quotes & Writings by Hira Vajahat ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

This bizarro woman probably thinks HER rights are being taken away. Ugh-ly. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac  ......  There have been a couple of instances in other states wherein something similar was done except they were done to adults. Two of the instances the person was charged with attempted murder. 

Trusted Contributor

@cbrite  ..... Wonder how? In a world where almost everyone has a cell phone with camera/video capabilities. Easy answer.