Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

When my MIL was getting older, she made the choice to stay in Ohio with her friends over moving back to where her whole family lived.  Fast forward...friends died, developed their own health issues, or moved to be with family.  She ended up very sad and lonely, and not well enough anymore to move back.  Oh how she regretted her choice! For most of us, family is more important. 

@mac116  @dulwichThats right!  That is exactly what happens.  And don't let people scare you about California!  Good grief every state, city, county and street has some issues.  You can't avoid them anywhere.  Go where it is the best for you to be among people who care about you.  That's what makes a place home. 

And friends come and go, even if you have had them for many years.  Family usually sticks around!  Even if they don't like it!  LOL!!!!!  

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 Sorry not getting into he said she said with you - believe what you like my experiences are true and who would I want to impress with exaggeration - you - I do not think so - if people do not experience the same things - I guess per you - then it is 'exaggeration for effect' and I guess you have lived in every town in AZ.