Respected Contributor

Re 'hyperbole' I can assure you the seniors where we live cannot be without their 'stimulants' spend quite a bit of cash pursuing it, grow it, etc.  Totally amazes me - if you give a dinner party here be prepared and provide lots of outdoor seating and ashtrays as most of your guests will spend more time outside than at the dinner table - same at restaurants go in a group and DH and I are generally the only 2 sitting full time at the table.  Just their choices and we all need to make our own - nothing against their enjoyment, most of them nice people when not stoned - but sometimes very boring if you do not partake.  Just my viewpoint however.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

So ghastly today, @dulwich.  Bright sunshine, blue skies and fluffy white clouds, highs in the low 60s. It’s just disgusting. I’m not sure who could stand it. Hard to imagine. He!! on earth indeed.

Excuse me..have to get the fire hose and rid the lawn of potheads. They’re everywhere you know, and no laws apply to them so police will be able to do nothing. Muahaha!

I know...I keep seeing weather reports of the freezing temps in so many places.  Saw lots of people here, wearing shorts today!  

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

So ghastly today, @dulwich.  Bright sunshine, blue skies and fluffy white clouds, highs in the low 60s. It’s just disgusting. I’m not sure who could stand it. Hard to imagine. He!! on earth indeed.

Excuse me..have to get the fire hose and rid the lawn of potheads. They’re everywhere you know, and no laws apply to them so police will be able to do nothing. Muahaha!

I know...I keep seeing weather reports of the freezing temps in so many places.  Saw lots of people here, wearing shorts today!  

I didn’t go out today, but my orthotic flip-flops have arrived so I can get a pedi tomorrow or - ? It’s been chilly enough that I’ve wanted to only wear closed shoes but needed to have something to put on until the paint is thoroughly dry 

;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@HLP wrote:

I totaly agree onionsoup, the very last place on earth I would move to. I would rather move to Iraq. All the pot smokers and loose laws plus, it cost a fortune, for what? A lawless State.

Well, onionsoup was unbelievably negative, but @HLP....you're just hilarious!!!!

The “work” of the former is ongoing in multiple other threads on various topics. Must be basement fever.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Re 'hyperbole' I can assure you the seniors where we live cannot be without their 'stimulants' spend quite a bit of cash pursuing it, grow it, etc.  Totally amazes me - if you give a dinner party here be prepared and provide lots of outdoor seating and ashtrays as most of your guests will spend more time outside than at the dinner table - same at restaurants go in a group and DH and I are generally the only 2 sitting full time at the table.  Just their choices and we all need to make our own - nothing against their enjoyment, most of them nice people when not stoned - but sometimes very boring if you do not partake.  Just my viewpoint however.

I split time between two 55-plus communities but have never noticed stoned seniors.  Too much alcohol, yes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Big Decisions - Signs?

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

I split time between two 55-plus communities but have never noticed stoned seniors.  Too much alcohol, yes.

I still want to know what part of the valley this is.

I've lived here over 42 years and never have seen a community of elder stoners!

Eta

Wait a minute!

They are smoking weed at restaurants too? Where the heck is this????

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

Eta

Wait a minute!

Those that I know who partake recreationally almost invariably use at home. Those I know who use medicinally (including myself) always do it at home. If there’s social, with-others use it’s at home. 

As far as restaurants, I’m assuming Dulwich meant people get up and leave the table, go to the parking lot, come back, etc just like people do with tobacco. I’d be very surprised if public consumption was legal. It is not in CA.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2   Did not say smoking in restaurants read what I said please - DH and I left sitting at table would indicate others outside of restaurant smoking yes? Get it!

I am not getting into this anymore they were examples of OUR experiences - not imaginations - in reply to threads of so called horrors we should expect in CA.  

Honored Contributor

@dulwich, I keep seeing FB ads for Parker’s. Maybe we could do a joint order sometime. I couldn’t eat $100 worth of food on my own, and/but the s&h if you order less is pretty much doubling the order cost :-(

Respected Contributor

Re: Big Decisions - Signs?

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

Eta

Wait a minute!

Those that I know who partake recreationally almost invariably use at home. Those I know who use medicinally (including myself) always do it at home. If there’s social, with-others use it’s at home. 

As far as restaurants, I’m assuming Dulwich meant people get up and leave the table, go to the parking lot, come back, etc just like people do with tobacco. I’d be very surprised if public consumption was legal. It is not in CA.

Public consumption is not legal in AZ. I go out to dinner a lot. I've yet to smell weed smoke in a restaurant parking lot here. I meant to say restaurant parking lot in my post, BTW.

I really don't know where Dulwich lives, but public consumption here is certainly not as common as she stated in her first post on the subject. Maybe just a bit of exaggeration for effect.