Esteemed Contributor

Re: Batten Down the Hatches!

My son and his wife flew from Albuquerque to Denver at 6 am today.  They are planning on returning early Friday morning; we hope they make it back on time (we shall see...). 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Batten Down the Hatches!

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

@akaburtonfan wrote:

Tonight/tomorrowwe’ree expecting winds of 2535mphh (with occasional gusts of 40-50+).We’ree also expecting 18-24” of snow — in the U.P. of Michigan. Smiley Sad

Please stay safe. I have to laugh when so many endure truly brutal weather and then you see others whining and complaining because they have wind, an inch of rain, and 30 degree temps. @akaburtonfan , I think the UP is beautiful, but I admit I couldn't handle the winter months. 

@RetRN — thankfully  I don’t  work so don’t  have to leave home. Unfortunately my husband had to work so I’lll be home worrying about him until he gets home. Earlier in the week his boss talked about declaring a weather emergency but didn’t  bother to follow through so everyone was expected to be there.Today’s snow is considered heart attack snow because it is so wet — it sticks to the shovel it’s  so wet. 

I’dd much rather live some place else but unfortunately this is where we ended up.