Esteemed Contributor

I live in northern California, and right now, we have a storm pounding us.

According to NOAA, winds are expected to gust to 40+ mph!

In the next 24 hours, we could get over an inch of rain!

Oh, and it's supposed to get to a low of 30 degress on Thursday.

I am so glad that I have the next two days off! 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Batten Down the Hatches!

It appears most of the US is getting hit with one of 2 nasty storms....except in MD. Same old, same old for us: calm and uneventful.

For which I am quite grateful, thank you very much!

Respected Contributor

I'm in N.E. Pa. and it's supposed to be very windy on Thanksgiving Day with gusts up to 45 mph, also.  Today it's close to sixty degrees and later on Sat., we're to get a mix of snow, rain and ice on and off into Monday. I wish you a safe and good Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I'm in N.E. Pa. and it's supposed to be very windy on Thanksgiving Day with gusts up to 45 mph, also.  Today it's close to sixty degrees and later on Sat., we're to get a mix of snow, rain and ice on and off into Monday. I wish you a safe and good Thanksgiving.

@catter70 

You too!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I am in Arizona and our storm is supposed to hit tomorrow night into Thanksgiving day.  Could get 1.5 inches of rain in the desert and several feet of snow up north.  Finally turned my heat on today - it was 67 in the house.  Time for the flannel sheets, too.  I'm from the Midwest and will take this kind of "winter" anytime. 

Esteemed Contributor

We had a storm like this in Ohio about 5 years ago and we lost electricity for 8 hrs.....alot of people still had their turkeys in the oven...

Super Contributor

I live in SF Bay Area.  It is getting dark and it is almost 2pm, but no rain yet.  I am not traveling for Thanksgiving but I hope all who are -  will be safe.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catty2 wrote:

I am in Arizona and our storm is supposed to hit tomorrow night into Thanksgiving day.  Could get 1.5 inches of rain in the desert and several feet of snow up north.  Finally turned my heat on today - it was 67 in the house.  Time for the flannel sheets, too.  I'm from the Midwest and will take this kind of "winter" anytime. 

I'm in Arizona too and looking forward to it. Might just get the chance to burn the fireplace. 

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I live in northern California, and right now, we have a storm pounding us.

According to NOAA, winds are expected to gust to 40+ mph!

In the next 24 hours, we could get over an inch of rain!

Oh, and it's supposed to get to a low of 30 degress on Thursday.

I am so glad that I have the next two days off! 

A low of 30 with light rain and high winds is bad news for anyone on the roads. Stay safe and look out for ice, especially over bridges over overpasses.

Storms here can produce 7+ inches of rain in half that time, but usually not this time of year.

Super Contributor

Snowfall for us in the midwest.  Oh, and freezing temps and rain.  Good thing I started my Thanksgiving eating early this week.  I don't eat a lot at once, so I'm phasing in all the feast dishes in days.  Sunday I had a turkey sandwich, Monday was mac and cheese, today, cheese ball with crackers.  And the fa la la on Thursday is the pie!  Stay safe and warm.