Esteemed Contributor

Re: Batten Down the Hatches!

I live in AZ mountains and our show starts early morning Nov 29; 5" -9" at 6500 ft.

Honored Contributor

We're expecting storms that will pretty much paralyze most of the Southwest with 2+ days of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow and that stupid Al Roker did a weather map with a sun over the area.  All he knows is the East Coast; I wish they'd get him off the air.  He does more harm than good.  He's  a buffoon 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    My own relatives don't believe we have WINTER here

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Tonight/tomorrow we’re expecting winds of 25-35mph (with occasional gusts of 40-50+). We’re also expecting 18-24” of snow — in the U.P. of Michigan. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  I love Today but agree about Al's emphasis on East Coast.  He made no indication about snow in AZ mountains (or even rain) it's frustrating!

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Kachina624 :  I love Today but agree about Al's emphasis on East Coast.  He made no indication about snow in AZ mountains (or even rain) it's frustrating!

@patbz   I will definitely be staying away from I17

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

We had a storm like this in Ohio about 5 years ago and we lost electricity for 8 hrs.....alot of people still had their turkeys in the oven...

My thoughts exactly.  We're in a high winds forcast warning for today, and I was thinking of doing the turkey today.  I keep thinking about using the pressure cooker....haven't tried this before.

Honored Contributor

Be safe everyone. I am concerned for the people our food pantry services. We moved the delivery date from Thurs, to today so our people would be able to make sure,  the needy had the food they needed ,for Thanksgiving dinner

We are under high wind warnings and it is pouring rain. I hope those dependent on us will be able to get to our pantry..We will be open, but ,some might have problems getting to us

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819I'm in Western NY and we are suppose to have 60mph wind gusts today with rain.

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

Tonight/tomorrow we’re expecting winds of 25-35mph (with occasional gusts of 40-50+). We’re also expecting 18-24” of snow — in the U.P. of Michigan. Smiley Sad

Please stay safe. I have to laugh when so many endure truly brutal weather and then you see others whining and complaining because they have wind, an inch of rain, and 30 degree temps. @akaburtonfan , I think the UP is beautiful, but I admit I couldn't handle the winter months.