Honored Contributor

Balanced and Insightful Interview Today: Harry's Friend and a Royal Expert Talk

[ Edited ]

Edited link 

The interview took place today, January 10, in London, and I came away from it feeling that the viewpoints of both "sides" in this Sussex Stand Down were presented fairly.

Honored Contributor

Re: Balanced and Insightful Interview Today: Harry's Friend and a Royal Expert Talk

[ Edited ]

@ I do appreciate your post.  I watched the interview....did not change my perspective... more of the same. If you are accepting money...you have responsibility and you are not independent.  Independence is creating your own ability to sustain your lifestyle.  Entitled people with their first world issues.  I'll place my energy elsewhere.  My heart is with the taxpayers in the UK who paid 2.5 million renovating Frogmore for starters.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Balanced and Insightful Interview Today: Harry's Friend and a Royal Expert Talk

I shall open myself up to attack but Joy Behar did the same on The Talk today. Without saying too much, I wonder if Harry feels that he is not a real member of the royal family anyway and has the right to do as he pleases. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vivian,

I did not watch "The View" today, but if you are hinting at what I believe you are, I must admit that thought has crossed my mind ever since the explosive news hit the airways.

It is entirely credible, in my opinion, that Harry is trying to carve out his own, authentic identity.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I shall open myself up to attack but Joy Behar did the same on The Talk today. Without saying too much, I wonder if Harry feels that he is not a real member of the royal family anyway and has the right to do as he pleases. 

I've thought too that Harry is in the midst of his own conundrum about his role. Despite the fact he and we have always known William would be the heir, the two boys were both always front and center. As time has marched on, Harry's role, even as 'the spare', has diminished. Prior to his marriage, he was more or less included with the Cambridge 'court' but once he wasnt, his star more or less dimmed... On the one hand, he wants his independence and on the other I suspect that at some level he might resent the reality that he is not, nor should he be, part of the 'inner circle' anymore. It seems to me, though, that the queen has made every reasonable effort that he should feel important and included, but along with wanting his own life and along, I believe, with being pushed by his wife, I suspect Harry's nose is at least a little out of joint that William, his wife and his family have become the main event...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

I've thought too that Harry is in the midst of his own conundrum about his role. Despite the fact he and we have always known William would be the heir, the two boys were both always front and center. As time has marched on, Harry's role, even as 'the spare', has diminished. Prior to his marriage, he was more or less included with the Cambridge 'court' but once he wasnt, his star more or less dimmed... On the one hand, he wants his independence and on the other I suspect that at some level he might resent the reality that he is not, nor should he be, part of the 'inner circle' anymore. It seems to me, though, that the queen has made every reasonable effort that he should feel important and included, but along with wanting his own life and along, I believe, with being pushed by his wife, I suspect Harry's nose is at least a little out of joint that William, his wife and his family have become the main event...

@stevieb Just as his mother felt.  Especially about her husband.  All of the affairs both of them had aside, I think that this was the main issue:  Who should be ther center of attention, Charles or Diana. 

Honored Contributor

There are also several very good articles on the Atlantic website... What I come away with after synthesizing the various articles and interviews is little changed from my initial perception of all this. I think Camilla (in the interview, not Charles' wife...) hit the nail on the head by pointing out, as have many others, that you simply can't expect to call all the shots... You simply can't have your cake and eat it too... Harry's goals may be honest and legitimate, though I suspect his wife has goals of her own... but regardless, both his expectations and his approach are foolish... There are very few people in this world, if any, who get to 'cherry pick' all aspects of their life... This duo are, in effect, saying they want to live where they want to live when they want to live there, that they want to retain royal status but perform only those royal duties they choose, that they want to choose what media to which they release information and so on... It simply isn't realistic or reasonable... It all boils down to them apparently thinking they're more special than they are...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad for all parties involved in this media fiasco, as it plays out in the court of public opinion. It seems that press releases are contradictory, almost daily. I can't say what Harry, Meghan, Kate, William, The Queen or any member of the Royal Family "feel" or "think", but it's apparent the world fascination is not going anywhere, anytime soon. It's ratings gold for the media, but many lives are being adversely affected because of it. Because they are such high profile public figures, that opens them up to public scrutiny, but it's just a very sad situation. 

~~~All we need is LOVE

Esteemed Contributor

I think that Harry has always felt a bit of a 'third wheel' in the family role.  I also think he feels that his wife has been picked on since they announced that they were dating.  Can't blame him for wanting to be rid of that media scrutiny. 

But whether he likes it or not, he is part of English royalty and will always be tied to that line.  I  do think it is a bit questionable to want to be dislodged from the royal family and required functions, but still want to be attached to the royal finances. Am not sure that formula will work....

Honored Contributor

I assume that Youtube interview is not with Harry and Meghan and the Queen?  That's just someone else's opinions?  I'm sick of it.   The Queen wants this fiasco resolved and over in quick time and I hope she gets her wish.  The constant stories and articles and opinions and rumors and lies serve no purpose except to keep us all entertained.  We'll never know the true story, the whole story because while Harry and Meghan most certainly will go public with their side after they have exited "the firm".   The firm most certainly will never address any of it publicly.  Honestly, I think there really is only one "side".  Harry and Meghan wish to disengage themselves and to live their lives on their own terms and they want the right to make their own money.  The firm has to figure out how to make that happen as quickly as possible to end the abysmal stories in the press and so that they can all get on with their lives.