Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

If you wear a coh-uhn droopy cardi with no buh-uhns, it's because you're harking back to when you were a babe in the crib and mummy swaddled you in a plush sherpa blankie before she gave you your bopple....

Buttons and Snaps are hard for widddle baybees fingers!!

( and of course it's cheaper to use man-made materials instead of coh-uhn or use buh-uhns...)

Sady, I am not kidding.

Now the craze is beginning with soft floppy sneakers that you can just step into...like slippies...that is if they don't have velcro closures or fake zippers because kidult hands and minds can't figure out how to wear shoes properly much less tie laces ( something we were taught when we were four.)

The kidult prize for me this week was that Sherpa bag they were selling the other night on the "JIll Martin My Bosoms are About to Fall from my Skin Tight Shirt" show.

Sherpa. Like a big matted diaper bag in SHERPA. Look it up and see.

Sherpa...the go to to fabric of the adult kidult.

@Othereeeen 

I had to look after reading your post. That sherpa bag. Looks like a dish rag. And 2 reviews each 1 star. Wow that one is the winner of all time tacky bag.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:
@faeriemoon wrote:
There must be a target audience for baby talk, happy dances, and yum yum faces because someone in charge should have stopped the nonsense by now.
I actually think you are right! Qvc clearly figured out that it's target audience likes hosts who engage in utter foolishness. It's not by accident, it's how they train them. HIgh squeaky voices, fake stories and fib about what size clothing they wear. None of it is new so it's not going to end. I tend to watch on mute and I put the sound on when they present something I'm interested in.  

this 

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 

I AXX you to think about this....I'm AXXING because I don't beleive it's "regional"...I travelled my entire business life and never heard people say it like that..

I AXXXED a lot of people and they agree with me!!!

AXXX around. You'll See!!

By the way...the word is I'm referring sarcastically to is ASK,....not AXXXX.

Just because SOME people mispronounce words, including one of the simplest ones in our language,does NOT make it correct pronounciation.

I'm AXXXXing you to reconsider!!!

ASK.  the word is ASK....ASK...the word is ASK.

Trusted Contributor

@Reilley wrote:

@lanna  Well said!

I tune in every week to QVC, just not daily but I did watch Carolyn for a few min.  there is nothing cute about a person talking baby talk to adults unless they are talking to a baby!  When I first heard her, I didn't realize it would go on and on.  I have seen in the forum that some people like it...something mentioned about a stuffed squirrel as well.  I know hosts have to be somewhat entertaining to their potential customers but lately a few host have gone overboard with their antics and "over talking".   FYI  My comment is no reflection on what they wear or how they look.

Didn't see her but maybe she's trying to appeal to the slightly addled people in the TV audience who consider the hosts "friends" and and will buy anything they recommend....

Honored Contributor

I cannot stand to hear baby or breathy talk.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

And people wonder why QVC won't take their critiques/comments/suggestions seriously. After reading this thread, I wouldn't either.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@KathyM23 

I AXX you to think about this....I'm AXXING because I don't beleive it's "regional"...I travelled my entire business life and never heard people say it like that..

I AXXXED a lot of people and they agree with me!!!

AXXX around. You'll See!!

By the way...the word is I'm referring sarcastically to is ASK,....not AXXXX.

Just because SOME people mispronounce words, including one of the simplest ones in our language,does NOT make it correct pronounciation.

I'm AXXXXing you to reconsider!!!

ASK.  the word is ASK....ASK...the word is ASK.

@Othereeeen   You would do well to research the history of using "Ax" -including the use of the word by Chaucer.  It is not an incorrect pronounciation; in fact it dates back to the 8th century.  Language may evolved but the word is not incorrect.  Just not as common.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 

Yeah but...we don't  LIVE in the 8th century, and I would bet my house that NONE of the people ( mostly media but a lot of those interviewed) have NO IDEA who Chaucer was.

But you know that, don't thee?

Thy appreciation of the current century should be what thee spend time on today.

That way of speaking was common 500 years ago too.

You can be sure the people we hear TODAY speaking like that went to current schools, grew up in current society, and either dropped out, or are too lazy to as ASK instead of AXX.

And unless Chaucer is the newest music influencer, they didn't learn that word from reading his works.

I know it's a simple one syllable word  IS difficult to master....so there's that.

Honored Contributor

Baby talk, antics, childish behavior, lousy sale prices, and repetitive products send me the other direction.  

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Cakers3 

Yeah but...we don't  LIVE in the 8th century, and I would bet my house that NONE of the people ( mostly media but a lot of those interviewed) have NO IDEA who Chaucer was.

But you know that, don't thee?

Thy appreciation of the current century should be what thee spend time on today.

That way of speaking was common 500 years ago too.

You can be sure the people we hear TODAY speaking like that went to current schools, grew up in current society, and either dropped out, or are too lazy to as ASK instead of AXX.

And unless Chaucer is the newest music influencer, they didn't learn that word from reading his works.

I know it's a simple one syllable word  IS difficult to master....so there's that.

@Othereeeen   The point is that it is not sloppy English and is used in certain areas/cultures right here in the USA.

Nobody said we are still in the 8th century; the point is that it is a valid word.  Your post indicates a disdain for those who use the word. 

Done.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh