Esteemed Contributor

Re: BETTY BRODERICK

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44, I replied to the OPs question based on her reference to someone she's never met - a non-family member....someone she didn't know. A family member in prison was not the question. Perhaps I should have been more specific, but I didn't think that was necessary. Corresponding with a stranger in a federal prison would seem to be risky. Just my personal opinion based on her question.

Let's not make this question into more than it should be. A close family member or sibling is not being discussed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44, I replied to the OPs question based on her reference to someone she's never met - a non-family member....someone she didn't know. A family member in prison was not the question. Perhaps I should have been more specific, but I didn't think that was necessary. Corresponding with a stranger in a federal prison would seem to be risky. Just my personal opinion based on her question.

Let's not make this question into more than it should be. A close family member or sibling is not being discussed.

@jannabelle1 

I don't think I'm "making this into more than it should be".  The OP asked if we've written to ANYONE  in prison ... so I took her question at face value.  She didn't specify family OR stranger.

Have any of you ever written to anyone in prison?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT

Super Contributor

I'd LOVE to meet Betty.

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think it's natural to want to know what motivated the OP to start this thread.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Apart from the obvious question "why?", you might consider the fallout that could occur if you pursue a correspondence relationship with a celebrity in prison. She could begin asking favors of you, may entangle you with people on the outside, and who knows what else? Is it worth the risk? I highly doubt it.

@furbabylover 

She may be well known, or infamous, but I certainly wouldn't call her a "celebrity".  JMO

Trusted Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Have any of you ever written to anyone in prison?

I'm thinking of writing to Betty..................

I have not but find it interesting that you would want to write her.  It might be interesting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bigtraps wrote:

I'd LOVE to meet Betty.

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think it's natural to want to know what motivated the OP to start this thread.

I want to know what she wants to tell her.

Edited to add: What would you like to tell her, @bigtraps?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

She's one person that should have been released years ago.

Not in the eyes of the prison parole system.  Her paroles have continued to be denied because she showed no remorse at each & every hearing.  Betty still feels "they" deserved it & she is the victim.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@kivah wrote:

She's one person that should have been released years ago.

Not in the eyes of the prison parole system.  Her paroles have continued to be denied because she showed no remorse at each & every hearing.  Betty still feels "they" deserved it & she is the victim.

@Mz iMac 

Yeah ... they MADE her kill them.      

Two things have always come to mind with Betty ...

First, why didn't Dan have a better security and alarm system ... and use it?

Secondly, why wasn't she ever deemed insane by a psychiatrist?   

Well, if she can't be in an institution for the criminally insane, I guess repeatedly denying parole is the next best thing.