Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Sea Maiden. I disagree that she has any obligation to tell is why she asked. She doesn't. She asked; nobody if forced to answer if she didn't explain why.

@Pearlee

No, the OP doesn't have an "obligation" to disclose why she's asking, but by the same token, if she doesnt want opinions and questions, why bother asking, just keep it to yourself.

That's how forums work, someone posts something and gets other poster's opinions and questions.....right?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

No, I've never written to anyone in prison, and I wouldn't do it. My concern would be that somehow, my letter or my name might end up in the wrong hands. Maybe ask yourself if you know the prison is safe, e.g. is there a chance that someone else (another prisoner) would get possession of your letter/name/address? And if so, what could the consequences be?

It's totally up to you, but venturing into establishing a relationship with a federal prisoner is something that needs a lot of thought.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not --- but I saw a Documentary about Betty Broderick - and how her husband always mistreated (and tortured) her. She was normal - until she married him - when she worked and paid his way thru law school. She's one person that should have been released years ago. She did a horrible thing killing him and his wife - Yes - she was driven crazy!!!! You could send her letter or cards - I'd be interested to know how she's doing.

Honored Contributor

No, and I can't imagine doing so. Yes, I'm a little curious why the OP asked. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@Sea Maiden. I disagree that she has any obligation to tell is why she asked. She doesn't. She asked; nobody if forced to answer if she didn't explain why.

@Pearlee

No, the OP doesn't have an "obligation" to disclose why she's asking, but by the same token, if she doesnt want opinions and questions, why bother asking, just keep it to yourself.

That's how forums work, someone posts something and gets other poster's opinions and questions.....right?

@KingstonsMom 

Right.   I thought most people already knew that.  I guess not everyone's up to speed here.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a thought.

She probably has friends on the outside.

She could give them your name and address, and they could stalk you, kidnap you, torture you, rape you, s0domize you, murder you, make your body disappear,

Is curiosity, loneliness, or whatever, really worth that risk?

Think that it can't happen?

Think again.

It has.

Don't be naive and foolish.

Don't go looking for trouble.

Leave well enough alone.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

No, I've never written to anyone in prison, and I wouldn't do it. My concern would be that somehow, my letter or my name might end up in the wrong hands. Maybe ask yourself if you know the prison is safe, e.g. is there a chance that someone else (another prisoner) would get possession of your letter/name/address? And if so, what could the consequences be?

It's totally up to you, but venturing into establishing a relationship with a federal prisoner is something that needs a lot of thought.

@jannabelle1 

What if that person was a sibling or close family member?  Even if you didn't go visit them, wouldn't you at least write to them .... once in a while?    

I think most people replied thinking she was asking if they'd write to a total stranger. 

Thoughtful reply, by the way.    

QVC Customer Care
Valued Contributor

Apart from the obvious question "why?", you might consider the fallout that could occur if you pursue a correspondence relationship with a celebrity in prison. She could begin asking favors of you, may entangle you with people on the outside, and who knows what else? Is it worth the risk? I highly doubt it.

Esteemed Contributor

@catlover Do it! I think it could be fascinating.