Honored Contributor

Re: Are Andrew Lessman's multivitamins overpirced?

@Pookwrote:

@Shelbellewrote:

Check his ingredients and their potency with other sites like Puritans Pride, Swanson and Vitacost. he often short changes in his potencies. for example, I take 40 mg of Lutein for eye health in one softgel, he only gives you a fraction of that in his.

Those are 3 brands that I would never trust!  They are cheaply produced and there is no control over how (for example) that 40 mg of lutein is distribted throughout the batch!    AL controls and makes sure the amounts of ingredients are consistent plus he uses better and purer ingredients than the cheap stuff has so in the end - well need I say more?!!  Both Puritans Pride and Swanson have had issues with contaminents in the past.  That's fine and everyone's choice to buy cheap not knowing the purity of the ingredients but for me I'll take only the purest forms of supplements! 

I respectfully disagree, I trust all 3 of these brands, been buying from them for years, never had any quality issues, they all have fine reviews and are well respected, made in the USA. .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pookwrote:

@Shelbellewrote:

Check his ingredients and their potency with other sites like Puritans Pride, Swanson and Vitacost. he often short changes in his potencies. for example, I take 40 mg of Lutein for eye health in one softgel, he only gives you a fraction of that in his.

Those are 3 brands that I would never trust!  They are cheaply produced and there is no control over how (for example) that 40 mg of lutein is distribted throughout the batch!    AL controls and makes sure the amounts of ingredients are consistent plus he uses better and purer ingredients than the cheap stuff has so in the end - well need I say more?!!  Both Puritans Pride and Swanson have had issues with contaminents in the past.  That's fine and everyone's choice to buy cheap not knowing the purity of the ingredients but for me I'll take only the purest forms of supplements! 

@Pook- Where did you get your information, to make such an accusation against Vitacost?  I don't buy anything from Puritan's Pride or Swanson, don't know a thing about the companies, so I won't comment on either of them.  However, I buy a lot from Vitacost and have confidence in the company.  

From the Vitacost website, regarding their quality controls:

Since 1999, our Vitacost brand team has been dedicated to providing the highest quality health and wellness essentials at the best prices.

Quality

When it comes to your well-being, safety and quality take top priority here at Vitacost.com. Transparency is important to us (and to you), so here’s an inside look at how we handle things:

• We research: Our team of nutrition scientists and product experts scour the globe for the best ingredients and the best products that provide health benefits to our customers. This means we’re constantly reviewing nutrition science, formulating new products and focusing on bringing on delivering you products with meaningful health benefits.                                                   
  • We build healthy relationships: We only partner with manufacturers who rigorously test our products at each step of the manufacturing process for quality and safety, including raw material, finished product and packaging.
  • We verify: Before products are accepted into our organization and placed into inventory, the manufacturer must provide a Certificate of Analysis that verifies the product meets the rigorous testing and safety specifications established by our regulatory department.
  • We check in: Our regulatory department audits our manufacturers to verify that they conform to the standards set forth by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration in the Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR Part 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).

Value

We believe healthy living should be affordable and accessible for all! So when you buy Vitacost brands, you’re buying directly from us — no middleman, no markup and no nonsense. That’s how we can offer such unbeatable prices on high-quality supplements, foods and more that are specific to your needs. Compare Vitacost brands to your favorite national products and save big!

Selection

With thousands of your favorite products ranging from probiotics to pasta to pampering essentials, we're your go-to for all things healthy, including hard-to-find specialty items and products that are free of allergens, animal products and other unwanted ingredients.

Our Promise

Love your shopping experience or we’ll make things right. That means you don’t have to worry about trying something new – your satisfaction is always guaranteed!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Jean, for your well researched comments about Vitacost. I have the utmost confidence in them and their  brand of supplements. Their Synergy brand is top notch, especially the Tumeric, standardized to 95% in all 900 mg.

I research my ingredients from all 3 companies I buy from before making my choice.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

My husband and I have ben taking AL supplements for years., they have always been costly, but more so now, I guess everything goes up. If I'm going to take supplements I want something that is pure and works in the right amounts.It says right on the label the products contain no milk ,soy,yeast,corn,gluten,sodium, sugar,salt,fat,cholesterol, color, preservative, common allergen or manufacturing additive.You are certainly going to pay for all of that.

Honored Contributor

@Sue98wrote:

I'm seriously considering ordering, but I'm wondering if there is a cheaper option available with quality ingredients.  Any thoughts?

Cheaper option than...$0.00?

Cant get more quality than real food.

687ADC82-089B-4914-8BA3-408ABA8CD271.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I was taking Lessman Vit K, but like I posted earlier he often does not offer a high enough potency. I switched to Doctors Best brand for my Vit K2 supplement.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love his vitamins.  Right now I'm using his CoQ10 with Vitamin D 2000.  I've been taking this faithfully and feel (knock on wood) that I haven't gotten my usual winter cold because of them.  I've also tried his Choco Nuovo and it was delicious.  My sister uses his Healthy Hair and Nails vitamin and she swears by them since she said her part doesn't seem as thin and hair feels thicker.  I've noticed a huge difference in the appearance in her hair also.  She also likes his collagen powder.  I don't think he's too expensive at all.  You can definitely tell his products are good quality.  And he always has free shipping and great deals.  I watched him this past weekend.  I thought he'd be on a little more often since he had the Today's Special Smiley Sad so I was only able to catch one of the shows.  I love his dog, Lincoln Smiley Happy    

Super Contributor

I have tried to take his vitamins before but they are in cheap horse pill size capsules that are miserable to swallow.  For what he charges he could make better capsules or gel caps.