Honored Contributor

Re: Are Andrew Lessman's multivitamins overpirced?

I use just  couple of Lessman's products.  I've priced other brands and it'd run me about $13 per month.  I can buy a year's worth for $80-$100 which ends up to be less than what I'd pay for elsewhere per month.  Every time I run out, I look elsewhere because it's a lot to spend at once.  But then I calculate the costs for a year's worth and go back to lessman.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Andrew's vitamins.    Whats also nice is the free shipping and flex pay that HSN offers when it is a TSV.  That is when I stock up.  I've done a lot of nutritional research over the years and also eat organic foods.......IMO his vitamins are the best hands down.    He also donates prenatal vitamins to women in third world countries.  

Respected Contributor

I've been taking Andrew Lessman vitamins for 30 years!   I take his multi and many of the other suppliments (Immune Factors, Friendly Flora, etc).   I wouldn't take anyone elses.  I trust his knowledge and quality, and purchase when he's on for the special pricing and free shipping.   My husband has been taking them with me for 20 years, and I've given them as gifts.  My BIL is the latest convert since he saw first hand what they do.

Let's put it this way....    I've worked for my company for 19 years, and when everyone else is sick for the second and third time in a year,  I just KEEP TAKING MY ANDREW LESSMAN VITAMINS.   People have had so many colds, coughs, flu, sore throats, etc throughout the years and, I just keep taking his vitamins. 

In the 19 years I've been here...   and I will knock wood when I say this...  I have been sick twice.  Say what you will.....   I'M A BELIEVER!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't use his line because many of his creations include soy. Nope. That's a junk/cheap filler and not needed. That made me look elsewhere immediately.

I have issues with many vitamins giving me a rash or making me feel dizzy. Took a long time and eventually I found a concoction that works for me from different lines. They aren't cheap but I'm looking at the ingredient list first and foremost. Costco has some great products at good prices, I will say. We use their Vit. C gummies; excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been taking Andrews vitamins for 30 yrs now .  Started when he was on QVC then continued when he went to hsn.  I now deal directly with his company in Vegas as I dont watch hsn.

have tried other brands at times as Andrews vitamins are pricey ,  but nothing compares!  Lots of side effects from other brands and have tried many.  his are pure with no additives or sugar, starch , soy etc.  his cause no stomach distress as others did.  So easy to digest if that's important to you.  I will not take any other line .  It's like the old saying. ...you get what you pay for 😺. Well worth it for me 😄

Honored Contributor

I would never buy a vitamin based on price alone; so getting vitamins that are "cheap" doesn't interest me.  I have absorption issues and had some vitamin deficiencies and I briefly considered Lessman's products.  His presentations sound good.  But I'm also a logical person and a slick presentation from a person who obviously wants my money stopped me.  I asked my endocrinologist and he'd never heard of Lessman or his products although he did say that doesn't mean that the products aren't of good quality.  It just means he's not a factor in medical circles.  Since I needed to correct deficiencies, he told me to take Nature Made vitamins and Centrum Silver for Women as my multivitamin and Citrical for my calcium and only those products because those are the products he knows and has faith in and he has seen the testing and he knows that those products are made with binders and ingredients that are easily digestible.  And that is the differece between "cheaper" vitamins and those that cost more.  He said the cheap vitamins are often not absorbed or only partially absorbed and you don't get the benefit you need or want.  Honestly, Lessman comes across like used car salesman to me.  Too slick, with too many promises but at the $$$$ prices he charges, I do believe he makes a high quality product and if I didn't have specific deficiences, and was taking them prophalacticaly, I'd take them.    On the other hand, I would never in this world take some $2.99 nameless brand vitamin just because it's cheap.   

Honored Contributor

Something else to help a person understand what they are buying is understanding how to read a label... and the average consumer does not know how to do this and they are taken advantage by formulators of supplements. And it can be very complicated to really understand everything on a vitamin label.....

Something that appears the same on one bottle or another brand to brand in comparing can be totally different potency's.... per pill, per serving and even  what the vitamin or mineral is bound to to help with absorption... so different.....  making one formula way superior to another.

For example one bottle touts having Lutein in its formula... 500mcgs..... to the average consumer all they see is LUTEIN on the front label in big letters... sounds good..... but,  500 mcgs is just 1/2 a milligram.... not very much at all.  What the cheaper formulas do is dummy down the potency's of the more expensive supplements in the formula to the point that it is basically going to do nothing for you. But they list them on the label and advertise that their formula contains these popular supplements like you are getting a great formula. WRONG.   

so many things  like this  that most consumers often overlook, or do not know what to look for  when choosing a supplement..... what is a decent potency...  for what you are paying....  

Trusted Contributor

I use only Andrew's product when they are on sale with free shipping.  I love it that the capsules are not hard like cheaper vitamins.  He's very informative.

Regular Contributor

Andrew's vitamins are the best! Beyond amazing! For me, they're worth every penny. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sue98wrote:

I'm seriously considering ordering, but I'm wondering if there is a cheaper option available with quality ingredients.  Any thoughts?

@Sue98

It really depends what you are looking for.

I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to supplements. Having knowledge can lead to good decisions based on what one is looking for. If I wanted cheap supplements instead of high quality ones, I would not be using any of Andrew Lessman’s products.

It is difficult, if not impossible, for me to find supplements that can compare to ProCaps Labs quality. Almost all other brands have added fillers which I do not need or want even if the desired supplement ingredient is of good quality. Some people don’t think twice about supplements that contain fillers. That is fine for them. Again, what one is looking for will vary and we don’t all look for the same things.