Esteemed Contributor

Anyone stuck in an elevator?

I go through Walmart to start back home-don't want to walk up a hill. I saw people get of the elevator so I got on as usu al when I saw people get off. Well I the pressed the button -no red as usu al. no noise as it working. I was stuck. Called but where this guy was he didn't no where-what city or anything I was or located. Talked but waited and waited no watch so I didn't no how long. If some one hadn't got on for the door opened for t hem I don't know how long I wou ld of stayed there.  On the other side th ere is a sign but not here and it always worked for me. Hope it is fixed by now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone stuck in an elevator?

I’ve never known a Walmart to be mutli-storied to have

an elevator for customer use. 

Sounds like this was a service elevator used by

the staff members only...to move shipments, etc.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Trusted Contributor

I was stuck in an elevator one time and the door opened and I was looking at a cement wall.  I pushed the emergency button but it took forever before someone finally came.  I was so freaked out. I am very claustrophobic so that certainly did not help!

Valued Contributor

I have never been stuck in an elevator but the one you were in is not in compliance with ADA guidelines.  People that are hearing or speech impaired may not be able to communicate.  The phone should have either caller ID or a voice location recording.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I was....Back when I was in radiology school, the elevator got stuck when I was transporting a deceased lady to radiology and on to the morgue.  Let me tell ya'll........  no words to describe how I felt...

We were alone and I was heard.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 

Were you at the shopping mall?

I have been stuck in an elevator when I was in my teens. I was at a hotel for a school conference and the elevator was packed with teenage girls. The elevator doors were opening to a brick wall.

One of the girls had a panic attack and started screaming for everyone to stop breathing because we were all sucking up all the oxygen. We used the phone in the elevator and pushed the red emergency button. Once the button was pushed it set off a loud alarm.

The girl who was having a panic attack became irritated by the noise and started screaming “we are going to die” and the elevator opened a half hour later. The paramedics were at the hotel and took the girl to the hospital for treatment.

Very scary situation. 

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach 

I always thought that being stuck in an elevator would be one of my biggest nightmares, but being stuck in an elevator in your scenario......YIKES! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I’ve never known a Walmart to be mutli-storied to have

an elevator for customer use. 

Sounds like this was a service elevator used by

the staff members only...to move shipments, etc.

I think you are right.  I've never seen an elevator in a one story store/building.

Moral of the story, do not take shortcuts through stores when on your daily walk.

I wasn't in it but in college our dorm elevator was stuck for several hours with a few girls in it.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Suziepeach 

I always thought that being stuck in an elevator would be one of my biggest nightmares, but being stuck in an elevator in your scenario......YIKES! 

YIKES was exactly right @KingstonsMom but between the sweats and fear- well I kept thinking she was going to sit up.  I swear I was afraid- brand new student, never been around much of anything and let me tell ya, I got broken in right off..

Then one time I was on call.. got called in to xray a guy- from head to toe- that had fallen off a cliff and was deceased... Gloriosky batman, I made several people stay with me while I did the films and later on, I didn't sleep for nights..

I did get a good edumacation in radiology..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee