Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone stuck in an elevator?

@Bird mama, it was like a comedy scene. Pretty bad plus the screamer had no manners. He could have at least let me be rescued first. I'm little, he was big, chivalry had died.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining   Yea it sounds like his fear was all consuming.  This is why I said in my post on this subject that both times for me were a blessing because I was alone.  I could be fearful and have some peace at the same time, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve never been stuck in an elevator but I was beaten in one pretty badly when I was 27. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, stuck in one for an hour at work. Not only would the door not open, the darn thing kept going up one floor and then down one floor the entire

hour. I was so nauseated.

Honored Contributor

That's terrible @qvcfreak 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Not actually stuck, but have been on wonky elevators at my work.  Doors just opening/closing; I promptly stepped off and took the stairs.  Elevators with minds of their own just going to random floors, missing requested floors; fast declines; bouncing; missing floors by several inches.  Only once did the door open to a concrete wall, but it righted itself when it went to next floor.

Esteemed Contributor

It was terrible @Bird mama. For a long time, I was afraid but I overcame it.