Super Contributor

We live about an hour east of Flint. This situation is so tragic and was totally avoidable. When they decided to switch the water source, they already knew about the contaminants in the river and yet they did it anyways.

As someone else pointed out, had it not been for the media getting hold of the medical issues, this would never have come to light.

Bless those many who are now having to deal with the consequences of drinking water.

Vicki

Super Contributor

@ballyk wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

this crisis has been years, in the making. Flint officials didn't stand up for the city and need to shoulder some blame for this. Snyder should have done better. there were scientists that told officials what was happening, but no one listened. shame on ALL, involved.

jesse jackson, michael moore and others, should just stay home and let MI and flint, fix this. jackson just wants camara time and isn't helping.

Isn't Michael Moore originally from Flint himself?

Yes, Michael Moore is from Flint and still has a home in N Michigan where I live and has every right to protest. The local media ignored the crisis as long as they could. If it wasn't for people like MM and RM this would never have had national recognition. 

Where is Michael Moore? I thought he would be all over this!  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

People across this nation have become so reliant on the government to provide, fix and take care of them, and they just don't question enough. They don't confirm what is told to them, investigate for themselves (testing your water supply, while not 'normal' is something we all might want to think about).

It doesn't matter what level of government it is. We all have seen more distrust of the federal government's handling of anything from money to security, but I think we are more vulnerable at the local level than many people realize. 

While I'm sure many will scoff, this might just be a wake up call for many of us to use filtering systems and have our own tap water tested. We can't just assume anymore that 'the authorities' are watching out for us, doing what we pay them to do, or acting in our best interest. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know if charges can be brought against the governor or not,but if they could then need to be done,he should step down.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@madcity411 wrote:

@ballyk wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

this crisis has been years, in the making. Flint officials didn't stand up for the city and need to shoulder some blame for this. Snyder should have done better. there were scientists that told officials what was happening, but no one listened. shame on ALL, involved.

jesse jackson, michael moore and others, should just stay home and let MI and flint, fix this. jackson just wants camara time and isn't helping.

Isn't Michael Moore originally from Flint himself?

Yes, Michael Moore is from Flint and still has a home in N Michigan where I live and has every right to protest. The local media ignored the crisis as long as they could. If it wasn't for people like MM and RM this would never have had national recognition. 

Where is Michael Moore? I thought he would be all over this!  Smiley Frustrated

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

He has been. You might not be watching networks where he has been interviewed or reading the sites where he has been most outspoken.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I don't know if charges can be brought against the governor or not,but if they could then need to be done,he should step down.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I just heard this question:

What would you do to someone who poisoned your child's brain !

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I just heard this question:

What would you do to someone who poisoned your child's brain !

Something needs to be done, these poor people are having side effects of what the governor allowed to happen, the kids will have effects of this for years.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Where was the EPA when all of this was happening? They have a reputation for stepping in at the slightest provocation. Surely they were aware . . .

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop