Esteemed Contributor

@milkbone wrote:

Many years ago I lived in Ohio..

Years back, I read where Lake Erie caught fire :-(

Remember along time ago the stories of "acid rain" :-(

It was actually the Cuyahoga River in 1969, almost 47 years ago.  Really not relevant to the situation now in Flint, MI.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Yes Virginia, it matters who you put in charge.  This is also why you haven't seen coverage of it in the past.  I always feel sorry for people having to learn the hard way. 

Esteemed Contributor
Those poor children !
Honored Contributor

It is just shameful, that they did this,things like this always happen to the poor, would not happen in wealthy areas, just so awful.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@ballyk wrote:
The state isn't paying for he bottled water it's being donated and flint residents are still getting water bills. The local media ignored it until they were forced to acknowledge.

WHAT???!!!  That's one bill I would not pay!  Pay to get lead poisoning? Shame, shame, shame on everyone involved who created this disaster and then made it worse by covering it up.  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

The poor, the elderly and the very young mean NOTHING to our country unless you can make money off of them.

That's the BOTTOM LINE on many levels.

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

this crisis has been years, in the making. Flint officials didn't stand up for the city and need to shoulder some blame for this. Snyder should have done better. there were scientists that told officials what was happening, but no one listened. shame on ALL, involved.

jesse jackson, michael moore and others, should just stay home and let MI and flint, fix this. jackson just wants camara time and isn't helping.

Isn't Michael Moore originally from Flint himself?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It is just shameful, that they did this,things like this always happen to the poor, would not happen in wealthy areas, just so awful.

People in Flint didn't vote for the current leader (and never would!) - so I think he could care less what happened to them.

If MI was going to fix this they would have already. 2 years with unsafe drinking water is unacceptable.  if this were your family ,you would welcome anyone that came to help.

This decision was made because the people were poor. I bet the mayor and govenor were not letting their familes use this water.