Esteemed Contributor

Anyone else having a lazy Sunday?

Here in NE PA it's chilly, damp and dreary.  Yesterday was beautiful and we had a house full of family. It was a nice day but long and tiring.

Right now DD is asleep in the recliner with a throw from her neck to her feet.  The kitten is asleep on her legs.  The old cat is asleep on the kitten's bed.  We are all in sloth mode today.

I have some marinated chicken breasts and I think I will throw them in the oven along with some baked potatoes and maybe green beans and call it supper. Easy, no major clean-up (gotta love parchment paper).

Anyone else playing lazy?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else having a lazy Sunday?

Same here @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  I'm 7 minutes outside DC.  Yesterday was magnificent in it's breezy sunshine.  I ran errands from 9am to 2pm, took my dog to the dog park, then met a friend for a pizza dinner.

Today we have the same weather you have.  I made jerk chicken and just took it out of the oven.  Watching NFL football with my feet crossed on the sofa!  Don't plan on moving for the rest of the day. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

husband asleep in recliner....i'm headed for a nap in love seat....hoping we sleep through dinner!  great napping weather here in RI!!

Honored Contributor

Suburban NYC here ran out early to the fish store picked up some crab cakes for tonight and scallops for tomorrow

Tonight heat the crab cakes add some corn and green peas and its a yummy Sunday dinner

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Took dog for walk.  Gave myself  a pedicure.  Now going to pet store and park.  Then going to get a Grande burrito for dinner and watch TV.

Tomorrow back to healthy eating and exercise.

Valued Contributor

I knew there was a reason I enjoyed reading your posts. I'm also from NE PA. I've lived in NO VA for over fifty years but my heart is in PA. I have a lot of lazy days in retirement. Today is just another one. I've got a stew cooking on the stove, read some and now looking at the forum while listening to John Denver.

Honored Contributor

I wish I did not have such a hard time being lazy...not sure what my problem is....today we went to church, I came home did some laundry, exchanged my closet and dh's closet to warmer clothes and just finished up dinner.  It's 4:00 - now what?

Trusted Contributor

Yep!  Lazy day in eastern Pa.  Never left the house.  Just watching the Steelers play.

Honored Contributor

I always try to have a lazy Sunday.  It's my day to recharge for the week ahead.

Today was brunch out with friends, a long walk afterwards, and sitting around reading and watching TV.

Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It's kind of dreary here in N.Y. , this AM. I read the papers, and listened to NPR. Then I made spaghetti sauce, lots for the freezer. Now I'm watching football and reading, ( football is not so good ) , it is a lazy day interrupted by short bursts of activity, LOL. 🍁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan