Valued Contributor

Re: Any landlords out there?

Mr Sylvia is a commercial landlord , not residential, but he remodels the office spaces according to the lessors needs. I think it's good business to rent (lease) the property than to let it sit empty.
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 1/24/2015 dmod nj said:

Ford, you can rent the stair chairlift. I did this for my mom in her home. The company charged installation, removal and one month's rent at the time of installation...about $800.00. It is about 125.00 per month. They bill monthly.

I called the company and asked if they serviced your area. They do not. You are too far. I can ask them for a recommendation, if you want.

Good luck!!

Please do dmod!! Thank you, that will be fantastic if I can rent one, much much less money.

I come here for answers and I almost always get them. Maybe there's one in Philly. We are not that far from Philly. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Ford, the company I called was unable to recommend someone in the area. They are just unfamiliar with that area of Jersey.

Call/Look up companies in your area and look up their reviews. That is how I found this local company in my mom's area. She lives in Bergen County.

Good luck. I wish I lived closer, I would help you pack. I am a good packer. LOL

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

So excited for you, JSS - plus your daughter, grandkids, and granddog. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Sending over positive thoughts and good vibes, as living together sounds like it will be healthier for you and her, and in every way. Especially since you'll have an animal family member nearby (hooray!), and maybe even rescue/adopt more someday. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/24/2015 adelle38 said:

I can't seem to navigate that site, adelle. Everything I click on leads me back to the same first page and not the second page where one can search. There is a phone number I can call. I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

Have you gotten to this link? The homepage is confusing.

http://www.socialserve.com/tenant/index.html?state_id=4041&type=rental&accessibility=true&ch=NJ

I'm curious, if I add AZ at the end of this link instead of NJ will I get a web site for AZ housing?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Ford, I am excited for you and your daughter. I'm sending positive thoughts your way, good luck.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 CardinalGirl said: I am a landlord and would definitely allow it. I don't think that's an unreasonable request at all.

Ahh, CardinalGirl, that's music to my ears! Thank you so much. I hope we can find landlords like you. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 feline groovy said:

So excited for you, JSS - plus your daughter, grandkids, and granddog. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Sending over positive thoughts and good vibes, as living together sounds like it will be healthier for you and her, and in every way. Especially since you'll have an animal family member nearby (hooray!), and maybe even rescue/adopt more someday. Smile

She had two little pups for so long, about 14 years. Lulu died last year and Bobbie was lost without her. He is old too, but such a sweetheart. He dances around on his hind legs when we come to visit. He sleeps a lot now, but seems healthy.

I think my daughter will have to be feeling a lot better before she gets another pooch. Some of the places we like do have fenced in yards, but he's so small she's afraid to leave him out there alone (fear of hawks) . . . he looks like a white rabbit from the sky. So she always goes out with him. In the winter (like now) he goes out and does his business and comes right back in. He shakes all over in the cold weather even though she puts a sweater on him.

I think we will both do better together, JSS. We have always gotten along well being sorta the same personality. And sharing expenses will be a godsend.

Hopefully we will find a place this week when the agent gets back from Florida. I can't believe how these people never call us back. They're all the same, so we are just working with one. There were two others we called, who never called us back.

Anyway, thanks for your good wishes, JSS. I will surely post with any good news! Smile

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Lindsays Grandma said:

Oh, Ford, I am excited for you and your daughter. I'm sending positive thoughts your way, good luck.

Thank you so much, LG. Smile

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Ford, you can rent the stair chairlift. I did this for my mom in her home. The company charged installation, removal and one month's rent at the time of installation...about $800.00. It is about 125.00 per month. They bill monthly.

I called the company and asked if they serviced your area. They do not. You are too far. I can ask them for a recommendation, if you want.

Good luck!!

Please do dmod!! Thank you, that will be fantastic if I can rent one, much much less money.

I come here for answers and I almost always get them. Maybe there's one in Philly. We are not that far from Philly. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Ford, the company I called was unable to recommend someone in the area. They are just unfamiliar with that area of Jersey.

Call/Look up companies in your area and look up their reviews. That is how I found this local company in my mom's area. She lives in Bergen County.

Good luck. I wish I lived closer, I would help you pack. I am a good packer. LOL

I bet you would too, dmod!! We always had ample help before when the girls were young and there would be a lot of boy friends willing to drive a rental truck for us and get the heavy stuff out of and into the houses. And we were all young and healthy and could pack up ourselves. No more. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I want to thank everyone here for all the positive help. Not one of you said I shouldn't do this, that I have it made where I am, and that my daughter should take care of her own problems. I appreciate that so much! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224