Contributor

If you hover the mouse over the email address you can tell if it's legit or not.  Most of the scams have long email address, not all however.  But they don't match what an actual email would be. 

Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much - If you have an iphone, go to settings then scroll down to phone - click on phone and scroll down to Silence Unknown Callers - turn it on.

This covers calls that are not in your contact list. So, if you are waiting for a call from a doctor and they are not in your contact list it will be silenced and go to recent calls.

Hope this helps

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 - no, you don't turn the ringer off. If you have an iphone, you can silence calls that are not in your contact list. All other calls from your contact list come in as always.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@sunshine45 - no, you don't turn the ringer off. If you have an iphone, you can silence calls that are not in your contact list. All other calls from your contact list come in as always.

LOL @riley1 .....you do it your way, i do it my way. Smiley Wink

i LIKE turning the ringer off completely.....i can still see who is calling and my phone still vibrates.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 - whatever works for you. I get so darn many of these type of call every day, its easier to silence the unknowns, lol.

Respected Contributor

@riley1  We both have cell phones, but we also still use our landline for most calls.  

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Their calls are getting earlier and later in the day too. Got one at 5AM and 2 more before 10 am. then 3 or 4 more around 8-9pm yesterday. I guess they think people will think it must be an emergency if someone is calling that early/late. Like who calls at 5am?  Really has picked up since the 1st of the year. I never answer. They can talk to the machine all day.

Respected Contributor

We never answer our land line.  The more you answer, the more people call.

Respected Contributor
I never answer my phone anymore unless I know th err person. Yes, I have even seen my own phone # come in...
Sick...
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Their calls are getting earlier and later in the day too. Got one at 5AM and 2 more before 10 am. then 3 or 4 more around 8-9pm yesterday. I guess they think people will think it must be an emergency if someone is calling that early/late. Like who calls at 5am?  Really has picked up since the 1st of the year. I never answer. They can talk to the machine all day.

@silkyk 

And that's against the law too.....if you have caller ID you can jot down the number and file an online complaint on the FTC's website.....Telemarketers can't call you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.  Of course, I doubt if it would do any good.... Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”