Number of Stores: 3,012
 Headquarters Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
 Year Established: 1883

1. Amazon
 Sales: $102.96 billion
 Number of Stores: 629
 Headquarters Location: Seattle, Washington and Arlington, Virginia
 Year Established: 1994

Amazon will overtake Walmart as the largest U.S. retailer in 2022, JPMorgan predicts
PUBLISHED FRI, JUN 11 202110:47 AM EDT UPDATED FRI, JUN 11 202111:42 AM EDT

Amazon is on track to overtake Walmart as the largest U.S. retailer in 2022, according to JPMorgan research released Friday.

Amazon’s U.S. retail business is the “fastest growing at scale,” according to the company’s analysts. Between 2014 and 2020, Amazon’s U.S. gross merchandise volume, or GMV — a closely watched industry metric used to measure the total value of goods sold over a certain time period — has grown “significantly faster” than both U.S. adjusted retail sales and U.S. e-commerce, the analysts said.

source: CNBC

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Whenever I make an Amazon return, I drop it off at my local drug store and by the time I get home I have my credit. Amazing!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon now. I'd ordered the components for my new computer from them on Saturday and they were supposed to be delivered Monday.Then I got a notice that the order was "undeliverable" and I'd be refunded in 48 hours. I then reordered most of the stuff and got it last night and early this morning. Then around ten o'clock this morning UPS delivered the "undeliverable" package. So, I've got two motherboards, two m.2 drives, two sets of memory, and two USB drives with Windows 10 on them. There's about $500-$600 in stuff that I now have two of. So, fun. The "undeliverable" package arrived with the box unsealed, but everything was there. I've got a request in for a callback and I also reached out to the jeff@amazon.com email address where complicated issues get handled. We'll see what happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

They might just ask you to keep it because they might think something was wrong with it after it was stated as undeliverable.

I've gotten so many free things from Amazon that sometimes I ask the Rep why? Just last week I ordered 2 clippers for a barber friend of mine and only one was delivered. They credited 2 and said to keep the other one and of course I asked why? They were $54 apiece.

They're having me return the extra stuff to my local UPS store and are giving me a $50 credit also. I'm still waiting on the callback, but the email to Jeff got a reply. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@KatTx wrote:

You send an email to qvceasyreturns@qvc.com

Tell them you are returning an item.  Make sure you include the item#, order# reason for returning, tell them you want a refund.  I subject the email..Item Return

QVC responds very fast.

😊

No they don't.

@gertrudecloset 

I have ALWAYS had extremely fast replies both from the Mods AND the Easy Return dept.

Sometimes within moments.

IMHO...YES they do repond very fast.

Occasional Contributor

They do when I return something.  Same day service everytime.

Honored Contributor

@KatTx wrote:

They do when I return something.  Same day service everytime.

@KatTx   Thank you for posting about the Easy Returns.  I had no clue that option was available.

I do not buy much and usually do not need to return anything but I'll remember this next time if the need arises.

I used to just print the label if one did not come with the package and send it out via USPS then wait for the credit to show up once it arrived back at the Q.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@KatTx wrote:

You send an email to qvceasyreturns@qvc.com

Tell them you are returning an item.  Make sure you include the item#, order# reason for returning, tell them you want a refund.  I subject the email..Item Return

QVC responds very fast.

😊

No they don't.

@gertrudecloset 

I have ALWAYS had extremely fast replies both from the Mods AND the Easy Return dept.

Sometimes within moments.

IMHO...YES they do repond very fast.

Consider yourself lucky @RespectLife .  I can only speak to my own experiences.  That's what I was doing "speaking for myself."  I should have made that clear.  Though, there are others who would agree with me.  They can be found oft times in the Customer Service section.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Amazon WOW

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset 

I must have missed all the posts about how the mods don't respond, because I have seen nothing but praises for their help.

Tons of posters will give their email address when someone needs help...so I am not the only one.

I worked for the VP of Marketing for many years at my previous job and one thing always stated was:  Buyers and Voters have very short memories.

Now I recently have seen some nasty posts that if I were the mods, I wouldn't even respond to.

They are NOT paid to take abuse.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

I must have missed all the posts about how the mods don't respond, because I have seen nothing but praises for their help.

Tons of posters will give their email address when someone needs help...so I am not the only one.

I worked for the VP of Marketing for many years at my previous job and one thing always stated was:  Buyers and Voters have very short memories.

Now I recently have seen some nasty posts that if I were the mods, I wouldn't even respond to.

They are NOT paid to take abuse.

Yeah, ok I'm making it all up!  My lying eyes don't see the many threads over the months about lack of support.   I read the Customer Service section, a lot.  Additionally,  I'm speaking to my own experiences.  You have yours and I have mine @RespectLife .  Leave it alone.  Nothing I stated was inaccurate.....

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50    I never experienced the return that fast from Amazon but fast.  Amazon is quite organized.

kindness is strength