Frequent Contributor

Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

[ Edited ]

Before I buy something I read the reviews, starting from the worst to the best.  I want to see what's wrong with the product, because I already think it's a good idea, or else I wouldn't be reading the reviews.  I have noticed that people give bad reviews on products because of shipping costs to return.  That's not a fault of the product.  I have noticed people giving bad reviews because they bought something else from a brand, and they don't like another item from that brand, so all items from that brand must be bad.  What really gets me, is that they give a bad review of a product, when what they are complaining about was obvious in the presentation or in the written description.  For example, there are reviews about a D&C top that has a hood.  People gave it bad reviews because of the hood--why buy it if you don't like the hood--that feature was not hidden in the presentation or description.  There are bad reviews on D&C's duster sweaters.  People say it should be tunic length.  They are dusters.  If you don't want the duster style, then don't buy it and give a bad review.  It's not just D&C, there have been many other items, other that clothes.  I see them because I read the bad reviews first.  I wish more common sense would be used in writing the reviews.

Honored Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also for this reason?

Everyone has a different way of looking at things.  Not everyone will be perfect so give them some slack.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

BINGO - you are so right.  Reviews are for - material too thin - it's itchy - suppose to be color red but in person it looks more orange.  What one's shipping problem was - ain't the point.  (wink)

Honored Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

I read all reviews too and then try to form my own opinion.I think that unless a product degrades quickly or is reviewed consistently as defective then most reviews are only opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also for this reason?

@CalminHeartI understand your point, but I agree much more with @RetiredATC.  When the review gives a product with a low rating for reasons having little to do with the actual product, I have a hard time thinking anything the reviewer has said is going to be all that helpful to me..

If I happen to notice the name and remember it for some reason I try not to read further reviews  -  just like posters do here.  They support or bash or ignore as they get more familiar with who's talking.   Sort of like my mother's advice from decades ago-  "consider the source, Millie"

Super Contributor

I also agree with @RetiredATC that reviews are more useful about the use, durability or function of the product, not that it has lace, short or long sleeves, etc. as this information is available by watching video or looking at the pictures.  Sometimes people even review a product prior to use and say they will write another after they have used it.  Since only one review is allowed they aren't able to add to their review.  I would like to know how something fits, functions, fades, washes, etc., not if it's cute and matches other things.  

Super Contributor

@RetiredATC . . . .    I whole heartedly agree with you. If you want to complain about some of QVC's policies, don't include it in a product review. If you've had a less than positive experience with an item, don't spend your time "bad mouthing" the entire brand with   reviews of items you haven't purchased. And, mostly, why would anyone leave a negative review over a detail that was clearly evident in the presentation and/or online? I appreciate helpful, honestly critical reviews. They help me to make good purchases. But please . . . . cut the kwap!

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind that you don't have to have purchased an item to leave a review.  QVC does not require a purchase.  So people are often leaving reveiws based on what made them not buy it  - eg, it has a hood.

I know it dosn't made a lot of sense, but that's my intrepretation of some bad reviews.  I just ignore them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I were a vendor of a particular item and the reviews included points that had no bearing on my product, I would be disturbed. Additionally, I like how other review options include the verified purchase banner. Perhaps, vendors should consider including in their contracts the exclusion of negative reviews that do not directly relate to the product, such as the QVC set shipping. Also, I agree with @RetiredATC do people not listen to the description?

Frequent Contributor

I feel the same way.    There  is nothing wrong with the product,  but it is because of how the individual is feeling.  That really irks me.   Why are they even  leaving a bad review?    It affects whether they will purchase it'