Esteemed Contributor

They have the best customer service. I ordered a George Foreman Grill and when it was delivered three days later it was cracked. I called CS and they immediately sent me another one two shipping days later. It was sent out premium delivery. I had until 2/14 to return the cracked grill. I returned it the next day to the store. They gave me a $10 credit to be used by 2/17. This is why I continually shop with them. They go above and beyond for their customers.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a large heavy set of dishes from them.  They sent the wrong ones.  I called them and they sent the correct ones out right away and told me to send the wrong ones back or just take them to my local store.

I had planned on getting my DH to help me take them to the store, but it didn’t happen.  The box was big and heavy and difficult to just pick up and carry.  They never even contacted me about it.  When I finally discovered that I still had them a few weeks later, I just printed a label from their site returned them via UPS free of charge.

They sent me a conformation e-mail when they received them.  I couldn’t believe they trusted anyone like that.  The dishes weren’t cheap.

So, yes I agree that their CS is excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

I had nothing but trouble with them.

Contributor

How nice of you to compliment Macy's. I currently work for them in Arizona, we take pride in giving customers the best shopping experience when they walk through the doors. Thank you so much 😊 

Respected Contributor

Re: Macy's Customer Service

[ Edited ]

@elated  I agree with you about their customer service.  They are really wonderful.  Unfortunately I can not say the same for the way they ship things.

I ordered a Cuisinart pressure cooker which arrived pretty fast.  However it was just put in a huge and fairly flimsy box without any extra padding.  It arrived in pieces.  When I called, they were very apologetic and immediately shipped out another one which arrived in a somewhat smaller box, but the packaging wasn't much better.

I returned both of them, but didn't want another one.

I have since learned that they don't seem to have a real shipping department, but that they just take whatever from a shelve in a store and the sales staff just packs it for shipping.  Have heard many complaints re broken items which were incorrectly packed.

I am still trying to get a pressure cooker.

P.S.:  I love going to their store here in Center City Philadelphia especially around noon time when they play that magnificent organ.  All the different organists from around town take turns playing it.  The organ was kept from when the store was John Wanamakers.

Valued Contributor

Glad you posted this!  I am 62 and still working - I need jeans because we have 'jean day' at the office a lot.  I found a cute pair of jeans at Macys on my lunch hour.  When I went to pay, they were $69.50.  I don't hardly pay that for a coat LOL.  But they were great jeans.....the saleslady asked me if I wanted to use my Macys charge.  I really don't like to use it, but she offered 25% off.  I would save $17.  Then she said if you want, you can pay it off right now, too.   That was what I needed to hear!  I didn't want to deal with a hassle of getting a bill, paying it, etc.  She didn't have to mention it as she knew I was going to buy the jeans anyway.  I love Macys!  

Honored Contributor

Macy's was the first store I was allowed to shop alone in when I was a teen. Unfortunately their store in White Plains, NY , is pretty awful, so I do most of my shopping on-line

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I LOVE Macy's.  Have bought a lot of furniture from them--bedroom sets, sofa/loveseat, leather chair--and their customer service is first rate.  Had a problem with the bed we had ordered, called them, they came and picked it up, no questions, ,no hassle.  Five star service!!

Respected Contributor

I like Macy’s too. Bought quite a bit from them over the holidays, online. Have never had to deal with CS but occasionally do go to the store for returns which is trouble free. Clerks are usually not particularly friendly but do their job. They don’t know much about the merchandise like in the “old days.”

I don’t care much for the shoe department. You have to WAIT for a clerk to bring you your size, sometimes I need two or three sizes to try on and then don’t like the shoe anyway. Too much time and effort for me and the clerk. Sometimes I might like to try on two different shoes which might involve bringing out six boxes. And I still might walk away not buying anything. It’s  not a comfortable feeling.

Regular Contributor

I LOVE Macy's!  I ordered some tea pots as Christmas gifts and they arrived broken. They quickly sent a replacement and I offered to send a photo of the broken tea pots, but they took my word on it and sent it 2 day air in time for gift giving. 

I buy a lot from them and most orders are problem free and returns are easy, but if there are any problems, they fix it right away and thoroughly. 

I buy most of my clothes there and a lot of household items and beauty products.

Macy's and Nordstrom are my two favorite  department stores, with Macy's having better prices on most things than Nordstrom, but Nordstrom has some really elegant stuff.