Respected Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

I really take the reviews with a grain of salt not.

If someone hasn't even purchased and/or used the item, I completely disregard their review.  Now that QVC allows "opinions" of a product, I don't consider that an actual review.

Honored Contributor

Re: Annoyed with some bad customer reviews. Are you also annoyed for this reason?

[ Edited ]

Overall I find the reviews pretty useless.  I sometimes read them when I have time to waste. 

I was just looking at reviews for the LOGO lunchtime special and one of the reviews is complaining about the fact that LG used 2 different materials on the item and they look bad together.  I can't tell if the person owns the item or not.  I mean you can clearly see there are 2 different materials on the sweater so why buy it? 

I hate that QVC doesn't require that one has purchased the item before a review is made and I hate that they allow people to give negatives because they don't like the vendor or the item didn't come in petite so they can't buy it or they don't like the color offered, etc.

I also dislike when people receive an item run and write a review without trying on, washing, using, etc. the item at all.   What's the point?    

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

If someone hasn't even purchased and/or used the item, I completely disregard their review.  Now that QVC allows "opinions" of a product, I don't consider that an actual review.

Maybe they purchased the product elsewhere?

As in Vitamix or Kitchenaid for example.

Honored Contributor

I will sort them out, and yes, it bugs me, but I'm glad QVC is not taking down bad reviews.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Maybe they purchased the product elsewhere?

As in Vitamix or Kitchenaid for example.

These are from leaving a review for a product that they do not even own.  They're giving an "opinion" rather than a review.  

If I buy something that QVC sells and I buy somewhere else, I own the item and have used it and can leave a review. 

I don't know why I would leave a review on QVC for something I bought somewhere else though.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetiredATC I so agree with you! I may have even posted about this a few months ago. As you do, I start reading from the worst to the best. In my mind I toss all of the mundane ones out of my head. I didn't realize that you could post a review if you didn't receive the product. Makes no sense. If someone wants to give an opinion, they should contact the vendor via Facebook or whatever.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

When I read reviews for clothes, I want to know how the sizing is.  Of course, I've already looked at the click here measurements, but I want to know if they are accurate - because often they are not.  I also want to know if something that is supposed to be soft is actually itchy, if the item shrinks in the wash etc.  I really don't care if someone doesn't like hoods or tunics, or stripes or prints,  etc.

With electronics, I want to know if the item actually works or if there are problems in a short time.  

I agree that some reviews are ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

I don't read customer reviews.  I stopped back when Qvc allowed anyone to post a review, even if they didn't buy the item.  Also, the vast...vast majority are totally subjective.  It's all opinion and bashing from complete strangers.  That doesn't help me.  I'm careful and selective about what I buy and if something doesn't work out for me, I just return it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bad reviews that do not make sense to me occur with every vendor.  What I don't like is when there is a bad review on an item that the poster did not order.  Maybe they don't have the size or the preferred color.  Or, a bad review because the blue was not the exact color that they like.  Some people are just ridiculous.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

When I read reviews for clothes, I want to know how the sizing is.  Of course, I've already looked at the click here measurements, but I want to know if they are accurate - because often they are not.  I also want to know if something that is supposed to be soft is actually itchy, if the item shrinks in the wash etc.  I really don't care if someone doesn't like hoods or tunics, or stripes or prints,  etc.

With electronics, I want to know if the item actually works or if there are problems in a short time.  

I agree that some reviews are ridiculous.

Me too but have you ever noticed that in the reviews, some will say the item runs big, others says it runs small and some say it runs true to size?  LOL