Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime warning

[ Edited ]

@Seannie     "warning"?      psa maybe!        i have had  prime for years worth every penny to me             

mrshckynut 

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime warning

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I dont have Prime and still get my orders within 2 to 3 days, that is quick enough for me and I get free shipping over $35. 

Same here. I'm never in a hurry for orders, but I've been surprised at the quick delivery, since I don't have Prime. And I keep a running list of "Save for Later" items to move into my cart to meet the free shipping total, if necessary. I pay for nothing. And we've never had trouble with USPS deliveries, either.

A couple months ago, I ordered vitamins which were suddely sold out everywhere here. No Prime, free shipping, and the next morning I received a notification that they were out for delivery. It wasn't even 24 hours, so I'm assuming this item must've come from our local Amazon facility.

That said, I would be very disappointed if I paid for special handling, delivery, etc, and didn't get it.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

I placed an order yesterday morning and received it that afternoon. Deliveries usually take 2 days...depends on what time of day I order.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Funny,we ordered something yesterday from Prime. Today (Sunday) on our way home the flag was down on our mailbox. Thought the wind blew it down. Later when we checked our order said it was in our mailbox. We have left instructions w/Prime to deliverer to our door. So round and round w/CS. And CS said those were the instructions about the door. We were not too happy.

@Group 5 minus 1.  I bet your package was delivered by usps.  It would actually be illegal for a Prime driver to use a US Mail receptacle and they're well aware of that.  Never seen or heard of it happening.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

It wasn't "Prime"...but I have had some pretty large packages STUFFED into my USPO Box.    I think the drivers have master keys around here. 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have had other delivery services put things in the mail box, and I've had USPS deliver to the box on Sunday--sometimes late in the day.  I chalk it up to temp drivers that don't know or don't care it's illegal.

The quickest service is DHL from London or Dallas--Nespresso comes the next morning after I order and Fortnum and Mason tea from London comes in three days and I order about twice a year. 

Trusted Contributor

I am a Prime member. When the item is delivered late you can contact them. They will issue a $5 credit. This is always true if Amazon is the seller and sometimes with other sellers as well. 

Honored Contributor

@mrshckynut wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    "warning"?      psa maybe!        i have had  prime for years worth every penny to me             

mrshckynut 

@mrshckynut   You may have meant your comment for the OP.  I never mentioned "warning."  Perhaps I'm reading your post incorrectly.

I agree with you -- I've had Prime for years and have no intentions of cancelling it. 

Honored Contributor

I very rarely receive anything from Amazon by USPS. It's either Amazon delivery or UPS. It may depend on what is ordered.

If something comes from a third party, it might to take a little longer.

There have been nasty storms all over so who knows if one delayed shipping along the way.

4 days is still faster than most retailers ship. 

Two extra days won't change my life and are not worthy of a warning.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 : It was delivered by USPS,but came from the post office. This has never happened to us. And as I have said,we want the package delivered to our door. Our mail box is at the end of our driveway which is 1/4 mile away.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....