Honored Contributor

I love Amazon and Prime. They now offer delayed shipping on many items and will pay you to delay the shipping a few days. I typically get $1.50-$3 in digital cash to use on Kindle books by waiting a day or more for delivery. I just look ahead and order stuff before I need it and use the money they pay me for delaying the shipment on Kindle books. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I'm getting closer to dropping it. The "free" books have been crappy for a few years now, but I occasionally enjoyed the movies.  Friday night we were settling in to watch a movie and had to sit through five ads.  

Honored Contributor

I had to get a po box at post office ,because i live on a very busy road,lived here soon to be 11 yrs,had 3 mail boxes destroyed by drivers, so have to go to pick up pkgs. mail ,i sure get some looks!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1.  Are you aware that the post office is usps?  Many of the Amazon third party sellers use the postal service.  Look for merchandise that says "shipped by Amazon".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks!

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

i used to have Prime but didn't renew since I get free shipping anyway with the items I order. I usuallly get my order within 3 days and it is placed on my porch behind a brick column as requested and they send me a photo, etc. I have nothing but problems with usps. it helps that we have an Amazon warehouse about 20 miles from us. We could get drone delivery but we live too close to the airport.

-

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have had other delivery services put things in the mail box, and I've had USPS deliver to the box on Sunday--sometimes late in the day.  I chalk it up to temp drivers that don't know or don't care it's illegal.

The quickest service is DHL from London or Dallas--Nespresso comes the next morning after I order and Fortnum and Mason tea from London comes in three days and I order about twice a year. 

ShopHQ ships via DHL.  They're faster then UPS!  I like their service.  Most places don't offer it.  I never heard of DHL till I started getting gold from ShopHQ

Honored Contributor

I'm rural (don't have Prime), so all my Amazon packages come via USPS, unless it's something way too large for them and then it will be delivered by UPS.

Amazon packages are the only Sunday deliveries I get via the post office.

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper        i did and am very sorry      just did an edit

mrshckynut 

Honored Contributor

@mrshckynut wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper        i did and am very sorry      just did an edit

mrshckynut 

@mrshckynut  No problem at all Smiley Happy