Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Siri and Cortana have p'ed me off enough.  I'm going to to steer clear of Alexa. Smiley Sad

I have no patience... Siri has been silenced since about Day 2 on my iPhone and Cortana was never given a chance to say hello on my laptop. Alexa isn't even allowed in the house. lol

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I love Amazon Prime, too.

I don't think I will be buying anything tomorrow though. I'm not looking for excuses to send more money, just ways to save on things I already need/want.

I will say I would not have paid $99 just for free S&H. I got it for Amazon Prime Video. It is my main TV/movie "channel" since I don't have cable TV.  A month of cable used to cost me about what a year of Amazon does. Free 2 day S&H and the other perks are just icing on the cake.

Strangely, @willdob3, I once felt as you do, but I have done an about-face. I never wanted Prime while I was working and living in a huge urban area where I could pretty much buy anything and didn't need anything in 2 days.

I knew I was moving to a semi-rural area with lousy cable, so got Prime on sale for Prime Video.

Turns out, the wi-fi is data capped and slooowwww (not mine, can't do anything about it), so it's rare that I can get through a movie :-( OTOH, I either can't find a lot of things I used to take for granted in local stores, and/or would have to drive 30 miles round trip to get them, so I am using Prime shipping (and loving it) all the time now when I never thought I would. Who knew?

I had to upgrade my Internet because I stream my TV instead of using cable. I still save a lot of money.

I DO use Prime 2 day shipping & I order quite often. Before I had Prime I would just wait until I had enough to buy that it qualified for free shipping. Now I don't have to wait so I order more often but the total amount of the order tends to be less much of the time.

If only we COULD upgrade the internet (I'd pay!) but alas, no can do. Our ONLY option is a HughesNet dish. No one else has receivers where we are. It's a dead zone. ALL HughesNet, everywhere, is data capped. Ours is slow because of geographic location (halfway on a sheltered hill). Towards the end of the month I want to shoot myself. I had 15 mps speed and of course unlimited data in LA. Waaah! 😖 

Oh! I used to work for Wild Blue and kind of wondered if you might have that or HughesNet. That is rough. And I know there isn't anything you can do about it. 

It sucks, speed-wise and data-wise, but it wouldn't be *as* bad if the house didn't sit where it does :-(

I got a survey from HughesNet a couple of weeks ago. It took me forever to complete the survey because the website kept giving me the "you have no wifi connection" message because it was taking so long - except, I *did* have, it was just that slow. I made sure that went in the survey, you betcha!

Have you called their CS to see if they can tweak the dish or something? With service that bad I would be requesting they attempt to fix it and, if they can't, I'd be requesting a discount. 

The CS I spoke to once was in India. It was an ordeal :-(  They sent a new modem/router, which we probably didn't even need, and *supposedly* bumped the speed up. Except it was only speedier for about 4-5 days and the bill has not gone up as it should have, so apparently they didn't speed it up. I've just been dreading calling them again, because NO we don't need another modem, and...India. I usually don't have serious issues with overseas CS but this was...agony. I DO think tweaking the dish might help, but I'm sure they'll try to force us to pay for a service call, and...India.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Supposedly tomorrow, if you use Alexa to place an order you will get 10 dollars off a 20 dollar purchase!

I just did that and got the Fire TV Stick for $14.99 instead of $24.99. Neat!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

If anyone has been interested in purchasing an Instant Pot they have a fabulous price on the 7-1 version . . . Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

The Kindle Fire is $33, lots of features

Honored Contributor

I just jumped on the Amazon gift card deal. Buy at least $50 in Amazon gift cards and get a $10 Amazon credit. I sent myself an egiftcard for $50 (and I've already received it) and get a $10 account credit. I love free money. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Is that a good price for the iRobot Roomba 614 @$249.99?

Super Contributor
Please tell me more about Amazon Prime Video and what it includes exactly? How much do you pay for that...... tired of our Cable Bill too. Thank you !
Honored Contributor

@stargazergal wrote:
Please tell me more about Amazon Prime Video and what it includes exactly? How much do you pay for that...... tired of our Cable Bill too. Thank you !

They have an ever changing lineup of movies, some old, some new. They have lots of old HBO series. They have lots of old TV programs and series. They're doing quite a bit of original programming. I've just finished their "All or Nothing" series done with NFL Films where they followed the Arizona Cardinals through all of last season. The guys from the BBC series Top Gear are shooting a series for Amazon called The Grand Tour. Given how poorly the new version of Top Gear fared without those guys, I'm thinking the BBC may try buying it from Amazon. If you use a search engine and search for a current listing of programs on Amazon Prime you should be able to get a better idea. Just be advised the programming changes routinely.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Day

[ Edited ]

@stargazergal

And if you're into crime/mysteries ... they have a great original series ... Bosch, with two complete seasons (a third coming), based on Michael Connelly's books.   I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons.

You can also watch (free) all seasons of Downton Abbey ...  Also, each week you get an email detailing the free videos of the week ...

Prime is well worth the cost, in my opinion.