Super Contributor

Thank you !

@gardenman wrote:

@stargazergal wrote:
Please tell me more about Amazon Prime Video and what it includes exactly? How much do you pay for that...... tired of our Cable Bill too. Thank you !

They have an ever changing lineup of movies, some old, some new. They have lots of old HBO series. They have lots of old TV programs and series. They're doing quite a bit of original programming. I've just finished their "All or Nothing" series done with NFL Films where they followed the Arizona Cardinals through all of last season. The guys from the BBC series Top Gear are shooting a series for Amazon called The Grand Tour. Given how poorly the new version of Top Gear fared without those guys, I'm thinking the BBC may try buying it from Amazon. If you use a search engine and search for a current listing of programs on Amazon Prime you should be able to get a better idea. Just be advised the programming changes routinely.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Prime member but I do have a credit card tied to Amazon.  They are offering $30 off a $150 order for anything bought and shipped from amazon.com if that helps anyone.  

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I just jumped on the Amazon gift card deal. Buy at least $50 in Amazon gift cards and get a $10 Amazon credit. I sent myself an egiftcard for $50 (and I've already received it) and get a $10 account credit. I love free money. 

I also got this deal. I'm going to spend at Amazon anyway so why not get an extra $10.

This is better than last year's deal - I think it was $5 off if you bought $45 in gift cards.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

an option for Prime is the Prime Household,

2 Adults can join and use the shipping option and the other streaming things

My daugher and I just did this.  I really didn't want to pay the extra for the year, but we split it.

let's see if I can link it household

there's also a nice deal on Kindle unlt'd today

unfortunately I think I spent "more than I have saved today"

Kitchenaid mixers are also on sale according to  the kitchn blog

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of clothing items on Amazon are now taking 4-5 days for delivery.  Not sure what's going on but I don't like it.  Most of what I buy on Amazon is clothing and shoes.

*Call Tyrone*
Frequent Contributor

I'm not impressed at all with the "deals" 😔

Respected Contributor

I caved in and purchased a Fire 10. Nothing else caught my eye.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I caved in and purchased a Fire 10. Nothing else caught my eye.

@Say Nay ...

I'm tempted can't quite bring myself to do it.   Which one did you get?

Honored Contributor

Just me, but I wouldn't be excited about saving $10 on $50-100 items, as some of the deals are. That would never entice me to a b&m store.

I saw one item I could get that I need, for $35 instead of $50, BUT it comes in like 15 color combinations and the one I especially need is NOT part of the Prime sale, but one I already have, is. Guess I'll pass.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Day

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

Just me, but I wouldn't be excited about saving $10 on $50-100 items, as some of the deals are. That would never entice me to a b&m store.

I saw one item I could get that I need, for $35 instead of $50, BUT it comes in like 15 color combinations and the one I especially need is NOT part of the Prime sale, but one I already have, is. Guess I'll pass.

The $10 off is in addition to the discounted price.  I bought jeans for 30% off and then got $10 more off the discounted price.