Esteemed Contributor

Pokemon Go-what is wrong with these people?

There is a new game app available for phones called Pokemon Go.  It allows the players to insert the Pokemon character into the location that the player is physically located at and then chase the Pokemon character around that physical location and capture him via the app.  So far this inappropriate and ignorant behavior has been spotted inside St. PATRICK's Cathedral, at the 9/11 memorial, inside the Holocast Museum in Washington, DC and at the WW2 and the Vietnam Memorial in DC.   What the h*** is wrong with these people?

Respected Contributor

Re: Pokemon Go-what is wrong with these people?

[ Edited ]

Those are the obnoxious teens and young adults who used to run through restaurants and stores as children without mom being in sight.  

Trusted Contributor

It tells me there are way too many people out there with too much time on their hands!

Trusted Contributor

Some just have no respect anymore.

Like the idiot who sang our National Anthem at the all Star game last night in hot pants and a top that looked liked it was falling down.

I think you know what she looked like.

Esteemed Contributor

They do not have "to chase" the characters around.  A few people are not being respectful of various locations, as is the case on most days, it is not the games fault.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@lovestopaint wrote:

Some just have no respect anymore.

Like the idiot who sang our National Anthem at the all Star game last night in hot pants and a top that looked liked it was falling down.

I think you know what she looked like.

@lovestopaint - In my opinion your statement above pertains to a lot of today's problems.  No one seems to have respect for anything anymore and it's very discouraging. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Those are the obnoxious teens and young adults who used to run through restaurants and stores as children without mom being in sight.  

Or with mom standing there!  I had a neighbor, her two kids were like that and she was oblivious to it.  I stopped going shopping with her and when she finally asked why I wouldn't go with her anymore I told her.

Esteemed Contributor

I just heard on the news that the Holocaust Museum wants their location to be removed from the game.  Arlington Cemetery is also complaining that it's not an appropriate place for the game.  

Respected Contributor

I hope the folks that are playing Pokeman realize that their smart devices use GPS and it is eating up their data plans.   If you go over there are fees.  Big ones.  Many local merchants and restaurants are having issues.  It's disrupting their business. 

Honored Contributor

Ninetendo (however, you spell it ) is cleaning up. Think I'll ask my finance man about investing in the stock. LOL