Honored Contributor

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I seem to remember that the best deal on last year's Amazon Prime Day was for Amazon itself.  They raked in huge dollars because so many new members came on board.

I might try Walmart or Target or a local store tomorrow, but I'm not spending $99 to join Prime.  It cost me extra money when I did that before -- "fool me once, fool me twice" is singing in my brain!

Honored Contributor

I joined Prime when they had a membership 'special'. I might or might not renew at the full price but there are definite benefits to membership. While I initially was doubtful, I'm seeing more and more opportunities for Prime members...

I am a bit confused though. A recent post in another forum with a link to another retailer was summarily removed. Does this then mean it's all right to have an entire thread touting another retailer just as long as there's no link involved...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love amazon prime,works well for me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I love Prime, too.

Oddly, especially since I've had Prime for quite a few years, this is the first time I've even heard about this 'Prime Day'.  If I don't forget, I'll check it out.  You never know when the thing that you really wanted/needed is on sale.

That's also why I frequently check the daily deals there.   I hate the new way they are doing it, though.  It's not at all like it used to be.  I used to be a fair amount of things on the daily deals but now it's few and far between.  Still love Amazon, though.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Every year, I am shopping more and more on Amazon. I would join Prime in a heartbeat, but the hubs is vetoing it.

One of these days.....

Respected Contributor

I also love my Prime, though I won't be shopping tomorrow.  GASP!  Yes, it's true; I will abstain.  Just can't think of anything I want or need right now that's within my budget.

All the chatter about it here made me think back to when I first discovered Amazon, in early 1997, I think it was.  At work, we had just gotten onto the internet & just starting to use email.  I was having some fun at lunchtime, discovering this new internet world.  I wondered if I could shop for & buy books online.  The rest is history.  Back then, all they sold were books & music CDs, I believe.  Talk about growth in a relatively short period of time.  Who woulda thunk?

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I love Prime, too.

Oddly, especially since I've had Prime for quite a few years, this is the first time I've even heard about this 'Prime Day'.  If I don't forget, I'll check it out.  You never know when the thing that you really wanted/needed is on sale.

That's also why I frequently check the daily deals there.   I hate the new way they are doing it, though.  It's not at all like it used to be.  I used to be a fair amount of things on the daily deals but now it's few and far between.  Still love Amazon, though.  Smiley Happy

I don't think there's much question that people who have Prime love it and make good use of it. It's that the big deal Amazon itself tries to make of Prime Day falls kinda flat for a lot of people because the fabulous deals are not that fabulous. Average 20% discount, which is nice but not earth-shattering or ground-breaking. And of course Amazon will have great deals on Echoes, Paperwhites & Fires - they all bring more recenue to Amazon in the long run when people buy content.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I love Amazon Prime, too.

I don't think I will be buying anything tomorrow though. I'm not looking for excuses to send more money, just ways to save on things I already need/want.

I will say I would not have paid $99 just for free S&H. I got it for Amazon Prime Video. It is my main TV/movie "channel" since I don't have cable TV.  A month of cable used to cost me about what a year of Amazon does. Free 2 day S&H and the other perks are just icing on the cake.

Contributor
Why not get the 30 day trial?