Valued Contributor

Used to be a cinch to return for refund at Amazon- now- better read what the policy for each item is because you'll end up paying return postage -- ALSO their new "chat" is extremely difficult to get to- you have to jump through hoops dealing with answering pre-questions and finally getting to a real person who then sends you to another and another and finally you might get your answer- on top of which the set-up is geared to smartphone users now because "they kept getting dropped" OH WELL TOUGH as far as I'm concerned--- Not everyone has a smartphone- and in order for me to "chat" I had to enlarge the page of my computer to full size because of the "smartphone format"-- then I had to go back and forth to give them my order number etc. What a pain-- 30 minutes late and 3 reps later- I finally got an answer to my question. >:/

Valued Contributor

OH and I forgot to mention- you better check if you're dealing with a 3rd party that ships from China- because they don't tell you that unless you investigate- then that company bothers you with emails asking for good reviews- Previously amazon didn't allow companies to contact customers by email- and they deny that they do- however things have changed and now I DO get emails asking for good reviews. I complain to Amazon and they say they're not supposed to contact you- well then- how did they get my email? Beware the new policies and 3rd party sellers!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I do not think it is a new policy, I have been getting those emails from third party sellers for some time.  The reviews are important to them in order to remain sellers with Amazon.  As far as return and shipping policy, it usually is not that difficult to determine, it is usually right on the product page   If it is not there, I would contact Amazon.

Third party sellers are accountable to Amazon to adhere to the terms advertised.  If a seller gets enough complaints they will no longer be able to continue selling on the site.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon New Policy

[ Edited ]

I'll still shop with Amazon.

After all of the years that I have shopped with them, and the untold thousands of dollars that I have spent there, I have only had to return two, or maybe three things. This will not stop me from shopping there.

As for sellers emailing me for a review?

That's super easy to take care of.

Delete.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Each place I buy from online, I get a "friendly reminder" to leave feedback after receiving the item. I ignore most and just delete except for Etsy and eBay.

Honored Contributor

reviews on Amazon are a good thing I don't buy anything unless I sort by ratings

Honored Contributor

I also had a very negative experience with Amazon when trying to return a hoodie.  The reviews said order up as runs small so since I usually would order L or XL womens, I ordered XXL.  I could barely get in on and it was very tight like a M would be on me.  I went to Amazon to fill out a return request.  The instructions said to download a barcode to your phone and take it to UPS store and they will print a label and return it.  I get to our only UPS store and was told they don't have a scanner to do that and all UPS stores do not.  I called Amazon and they told me that I could schedule to have UPS pick up my package but I would have to be home to sign and have them scan.  They could not tell me a time except it could be anytime on the day.  Apparantly UPS came and I was in the basement and didn't hear them.  I called Amazon and just asked for a label I  could use to take to the UPS store or USPS.  Told it had to go UPS and they could not send a label other  than the barcode for this particular item.  Finally they agreed to just refund my money and told me I didn't have to return it.  Thank goodness I rarely return anything.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon New Policy

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

The instructions said to download a barcode to your phone and take it to UPS store and they will print a label and return it.  I get to our only UPS store and was told they don't have a scanner to do that and all UPS stores do not.  

Amazon sometimes shows 2 options when requesting returns...drop off and the scan-the-barcode.  Be sure to click the drop-off button when you process your return and then you can print the label.  

I accidentally hit the scan button once so called them and they emailed me the label.

Honored Contributor

I don't order a lot from Amazon but when I do I make sure it says that the order is being fulfilled by Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Pook wrote:

The instructions said to download a barcode to your phone and take it to UPS store and they will print a label and return it.  I get to our only UPS store and was told they don't have a scanner to do that and all UPS stores do not.  

Amazon sometimes shows 2 options when requesting returns...drop off and the scan-the-barcode.  Be sure to click the drop-off button when you process your return and then you can print the label.  

I accidentally hit the scan button once so called them and they emailed me the label.

agree, they give you several choices,

the print your own label is there, as is the locker drop off, UPS/USPS drop off etc,