Honored Contributor

I find Amazon extremely easy to deal with and very customer-friendly.

I am Prime and always am able to return items free of charge.

Contacting them does NOT involve hoops, as the OP said. You click on "help," and go from there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

when I order from amazon I make darn sure I want it prior to ordering.  Rarely ever send anything back.

Honored Contributor

Amazon does not have a new shipping policy.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

I used the bar code for the first time recently, and it was easy. Odd your store doesn't have the scanner. My small town has 3 stores. I'd just go to another one.

Honored Contributor
Yes I have been harassed by sellers for good reviews to the point I told Amazon I won’t be ordering anything from them. Ever again.
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter   Yes, as you do I always look to see if Amazon is the sender.  I never have a problem that way.  They take care of it. I also am not happy with items (clothing) from other countries that have no clue of our sizing.  Yes, I wish I was THAT SMALL but I am not and I really don't want the problems associated with sending things back and explaining. 

Esteemed Contributor

I found ordering really large items and then having to return them was not in my best interest.  Way too difficult to repackage.  Customer service was fairly easy to deal with however.   Stay away from ordering large bulky items imo.  Personally, I hate to have to return items by mail.  And I rarely return to stores in person, just find it a pain mostly.

Respected Contributor

I had an Amazon defective watch and payed to return it as did not have a UPS shipping center any more and was reinbursed almost all of the amount as USPS was a little over the recommended allowance. 

I feel with Q and HSN I try and be sure of what I want to keep as do not want to pay for shipping back if not defective. I am  still amazed how fast Amazon items come compared to most on line shopping companies. I live in a remote small town as well.

Honored Contributor

Amazon charges 6.00 for a UPS pick up, there are sometimes I am shipping other items at the same times, so it is well wroth it to me to pay the 6.00 and have UPS come by and pic up a pile of items

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Yes I have been harassed by sellers for good reviews to the point I told Amazon I won’t be ordering anything from them. Ever again.

@lovesrecess, you posted a thread here that one seller called you to ask you to post a good review. That is weird and should be addressed to Amazon.

You never mentioned multiple harassments. If some sellers have e-mailed you requesting feedback, that is NOT harassment. In fact, some include that request in their original order confirmation. You are free to ignore it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland