Super Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Disneyworld has gators in their park?

I wouldn't have thought so, never been to DisneyWorld, but I wonder if their hotels are part of the natural landscape.  I know the Grand Floridian is supposed to be one of Disney's nicer hotels.

Honored Contributor

At a 'place', not at their home?  If so, parents wouldn't expect an alligator to be wandering around loose on public or private hotel grounds.  Even a strong adult can't fight off an alligator. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Alligator vs Child

[ Edited ]

No Disneyworld for me then. Disneyland  doesn't have those issues.

Are gators everywhere in Florida? 

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

At a 'place', not at their home?  If so, parents wouldn't expect an alligator to be wandering around loose on public or private hotel grounds.  Even a strong adult can't fight off an alligator. 

I read the boy's father was fighting this alligator.  Want to know why he had no help.  Did others stand around and watch?  I hope not.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-child-dragged-alligator-disney-20160614-story.h...

It say no eyewitnesses saw an alligator.

yes it is heresay.  Supposedly, a group "overheard" others telling a story about the dad in the water fighting back the alligator.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Alligator drags child into water at Disney resort

Authorities search the Seven Seas Lagoon at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa after an alligator dragged a two-year-old child into the water on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 in Orlando, Fla.

@KATHERINEPOPP VIA TWITTER

Last Updated Jun 14, 2016 11:39 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A search was underway Tuesday night after an alligator apparently dragged a two-year-old child into the water at a Walt Disney World hotel.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office told CBS affiliate WKMG the incident happened at the Grand Floridian Hotel in Orlando around 9:30 p.m.

The Seven Seas Lagoon was being searched for the child and the alligator. Helicopters were taking part in the search.

Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Alligator vs Child

[ Edited ]

I can see by the theme park/resort map, how these creatures get in. 

I don't think this is going to be a good outcome, and they may never find the gator. sad,

Honored Contributor

I took a look at their website.  Beautiful hotel with a huge, vast amount of green grounds and trees right on a large lagoon's edge.  Quite pricey, but beautiful.   It's so sad.  Who would expect an alligator there, but looking at the website, I can see that it's a very natural setting for various animals to be very comfortable (in). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).