Honored Contributor

Is anyone following this story, an alligator has dragged a 2 year old child into a lake in Orlando?

Respected Contributor

I just heard about this. My goodness, what else can happen in Orlando? Awful!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be the first to say it, where were the parents?

Esteemed Contributor

I only just heard about it.  You know that poor child is gone.  I can't think about it anymore.  So awful....

Honored Contributor

Keep young children supervised, of course, and safe in a somewhat high fenced back yard.  So sad, and so preventable. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Alligator vs Child

[ Edited ]

In general:  'The more I think about it', seems as though it could be dangerous for youngsters who live in homes with un-fenced back yards.  Folks have told me that it's common in certain states/areas to have large back yards that aren't fenced at all...........aren't they afraid of stray/possibly dangerous dogs, wild animals, bears, alligators, and whatever else?  I would have a fenced area/section for my children's sake, and for adults' sake, too.  'One never knows' what can wander by..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Is anyone following this story, an alligator has dragged a 2 year old child into a lake in Orlando?

This happened at Walt Disney Land?

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor

The news I read said people were on the beach for movie night at the grand floridian.  I doubt parents were thinking an alligator would be present.  Very sad.

Honored Contributor

Disneyworld has gators in their park?

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Disneyworld has gators in their park?

From what I've read no one can determine if the boy's family were guests on the Floridian property or not.  I would like to think they were.  Imagine, paying all that $$$ per night in order to mingle amongst people there for free?

There are gators all over.  The only way Disney can deter them would be like anyone else and that is with a fence.

*Call Tyrone*