Respected Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Maybe they should make those types of prop guns illegal or something. I would think the prop dept. would be able to figure out a safe substitute.

Or - heres's a thought.  The folks who are so anti-gun for everyone else could stop making money off movies using guns.  What a concept.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

What a terrible burden to have to live with the rest of his life. I can't even imagine. I hope he gets some kind of help.

Esteemed Contributor

Blanks use gunpowder, and while they don't shoot bullets, they produce a percussive impact that can be deadly. Bits of plastic or paper wadding that held the gunpowder may be expelled at high velocity.

This happened because he pointed a prop gun directly at someone in close range and pulled the trigger.

Then pointed it at someone else and did it again.

Just joking? Or angry?

We'll find out in time.

Here's the other thread

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/Accident-on-Movie-Set-Today/m-p/7194542#M509807

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Breaking:  Actor Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun which killed a crew member and injured a director on a film set.  Details still coming in.

I believe something like this happened to Bruce Lee's son years ago.  A prop gun went off and killed him.

@sunshine 919 

Yes, that was Brandon Lee, Bruce's son, while filming the movie 'The Crow'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Bruce Lee's son actor Brandon Lee was killed on the set by a prop gun back in 1993.

@qbetzforreal   The gun was supposed to have blanks but there was a real bullet lodged in the chamber.

The crew neglected to remove the primer from the cartridges forcing a  bullet to be pushed into the chamber.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Alec Baldwin is sloppy in every way. His rage on minor things, his political rants, his parenting........now this. 

@Nancy Drew  Yes you are right. I can't believe a person really acts this way. Have never seen anyone with this type of behavior. Getting so angry, and the rants and ravings. Why would anyone act like that? Unhinged maybe.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

What an awful tragedy! I don't care for Mr Baldwin either but I'm not going to blame his politics, child-rearing or his anger issues on this accident! Some of you are speculating and creating scenarios because of politics, what a shame!.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

@mom2four0418   Thank you.  I didn't see that post.

@stellabystarlight 

No biggie, it happens all the time!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

This was a horrible accident & is it just me or does Alec Baldwin life seem to spin out of control all the time??  Between his Anger problems with his Daughter & the press, his wife's claims & all the other things in the news, he seems to have very bad luck.  I think he is very funny & I enjoy him on TV & Movies, but honestly he just can't seem to catch a break.  This has to be devastating for him & all the families involved.  I hope he can find some peace with this tragedy!