Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

Gee the NRA teaches treat a gun as if it is always loaded. "Hollywood" loves to trash guns but yet still uses them in their movies to make money. Agendas are all around. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Gee the NRA teaches treat a gun as if it is always loaded. "Hollywood" loves to trash guns but yet still uses them in their movies to make money. Agendas are all around. 

@Nancy Drew  Yes, that is true but I bet just about everyone in Hollywood has a gun in their home. Just my opinion of course.

Trusted Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@x Hedge 

“When told he needed to shoot the scene again, Baldwin jokingly said "why don't I just shoot the two of you" then aimed and began firing the gun. Afterward Baldwin repeatedly asked “why was I handed a hot gun?” while the woman bled out. The Daily Mail reported.”

The under sheriff in New Mexico said a crew member told him the same story.

Wow.. Cat Indifferent

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

I said this elsewhere but there is a world of difference between an actor in a scripted scene handling a firearm live or not in a supposedly safe and controlled environment and regular people handling one in their daily life.

Actors are trained to a degree in safety but again, the weapons master on set is reponsible for care and control and inspection of all weaponry in use as the expert on set. So says the union and the insurance broker.  

And this ridiculousness of never point when that's exactly what the script calls for is unrealistic in a make believe scripted environment. Hence the weapons master on set. 

Obviously something went very wrong and I've heard rumors that there was no master there when the incident happened which, if true, would be a huge violation of the rules that are obviously there to prevent exactly this situation. 

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for comnenting...