Respected Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

Any gun can be lethal.  Prayers to the victim's family and to Alec.  He must be heartbroken over this event.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

Bruce Lee's son actor Brandon Lee was killed on the set by a prop gun back in 1993.

Esteemed Contributor

Terrible tradgedy. My heart goes out to a all involved💐

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Breaking:  Actor Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun which killed a crew member and injured a director on a film set.  Details still coming in.

There is already a thread about this under TV and Movies.

@mom2four0418 

Sorry, but since i do not frequent TV and Movies, this is news to me. I am glad it was posted in this forum.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Breaking:  Actor Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun which killed a crew member and injured a director on a film set.  Details still coming in.

There is already a thread about this under TV and Movies.

@mom2four0418 

Sorry, but since i do not frequent TV and Movies, this is news to me. I am glad it was posted in this forum.

hckynut 

Me also. And the comment was totally unnecessary.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was the person shot and killed. She was 42.

Halyna Hutchins Death: 'Archenemy' Director “Sad” & “Infuriated” – Deadline

Honored Contributor

Lots of questions. Why was he even pointing a gun at the cinematographer and director? Other actors tend to be most at risk as they're who the hero/villain typically points the gun at. Why point it at the cinematographer or director unless you're upset with them? Whether it was live ammo or blanks, he shouldn't have been pointing the gun at the cinematographer and director. Was he "playfully" shooting them assuming they'd be unharmed or shooting them out of anger/frustration? Either one is bad for him. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a tragedy for all involved.  I'm sure they'll be more details as they investigate the events leading up to the discharge of the weapon. 

Honored Contributor

I guess there wil be an OSHA investigation and fines.

I can't imagine their hearts will be into completing the film but there may be too much at stake - financially - not to.

Honored Contributor

There are really no words to accurately capture all this.

If I ever hurt anyone intentionally or unintentionally, my life would be over. I would never recover from it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?