Esteemed Contributor

We keep our Christmas decor up for quite, then it is replaced with snowmen, etc.  We keep our window lights on through our long New England winter.  All of us do our own thing here.

There’s no right or wrong.  

Honored Contributor

My husband is orthodox Christian.  Christmas for him is on January 7, so we leave it up until his Christmas season has passed.

Most of the people in the area where I live do the same...both orthodox and non orthodox alike.

Honored Contributor

I'm living in a short term rental and have a small tree that will come down Jan 2.  Then I will help my mom pack up her decor the next day. 

Super Contributor

I pack mine up before New Years Eve. Clean my house and start the new year fresh.  I have no problem doing that because I put my tree up the Friday after Thanksgiving. It works for me

Trusted Contributor

All the decorations around the house come down shortly after Christmas since I want my space back! But I enjoy the tree so much, it gets to stay until New Years Day! Then it comes down and I get the house back to normal. 

Contributor

I always took everything down on New Year's Day but for some reason this year, I took the tree down on Sunday.  With Christmas being in the middle of the week, it just felt like it was time.  The rest of the decorations I took down yesterday and today.  As much as I love the Christmas season, I'm always glad to get back to normal.

Honored Contributor
We will prob get everything down tomorrow on NY Day...I love my Christmas wreath but haven’t found a winter wreath to take its place....and don’t like my empty black front door..,,what to do...what to do....
Esteemed Contributor

I can't answer for no tree. I am Jewish.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband was Lutheran and a tree didn't matter-he has been gone over 3 years.

Honored Contributor

We're half way down with the rest tonight and company for New Year's Day dinner.  Then I'm sleeping a month!