Respected Contributor

Re: AAA So Slow To Send Out Card

Print the card from their website and keep a photo of it on your phone.

Honored Contributor

I had no problem getting my card in the mail from them.  Until I received my card, I was able to download one just in case I needed it.  I had my card within a week though.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Are you sure it's the "real" AAA and not some scam. You say they're taking money monthly. I know that here I pay yearly, not monthly. There's no monthly option here. You said you signed up online, so it's possible you signed up on a fake site that's milking your bank account. I've never heard of AAA offering monthly payments. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country, but here, you pay yearly, not monthly. They're generally very responsive with e-mail verifications of your transactions. You say you got nothing. My suspicion is that you're being scammed. I'd recommend going directly to the AAA website and verifying your account there. 

@gardenman   When we had AAA we had the option to pay monthly, quarterly, or yearly.  I do not know if she had those options.

I do agree that she should check her info on a reputable AAA website.

It would have been better is she had a local AAA office.

I am surprised at how long it is taking  to receive a card and that is why I suggested she check her spam/junk email folder when a second card was to be emailed to her.

Either way, she was able to print out her info and I don't believe this is a scam unless she clicked on one of those "Ad" sites and not the valid AAA website.

I did call the AAA  website and they found my account and said it  is in the mail. It did say on the website about paying monthly but I will call back AAA and make sure that is is legal. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

I had a lot of trouble with them last year.  It took ages and ages to get my card.  They kept saying they didn't get my check for payment and my bill that I sent in.  I have been with them for years and never had any problems.  I called a number of times and they said something like, they had a lot of mail stacked up in the "in basket" that no one had been able to get to because they were short staffed due to the virus.  I kept calling my bank to see if my check had been cashed and it hadn't.  I didn't want to send in another check because I figured it would make a bigger mess!  Finally, after weeks and weeks, they finally said they got it!  I can't say if this is what is happening regarding your issue.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I would call AAA and ask them to email or fax you a copy of your card that you can print out.

Trusted Contributor

I think USPS is so bad now that it is entirely possible it was mailed and is floating around somewhere or was delivered to the wrong address. I have received 3 Christmas cards this week that were postmarked Dec. 7, 12, and 15 and were all from people less than 15 miles from where we live. 

Honored Contributor

All I can say is they were awesome showing up after only 20 mins. at the height of rush hour yesterday.  My husband was stranded on the fast lane shoulder after the serpentine belt broke on his SUV. 

I have the toll free number saved on my cell and the account number loaded in my phone in case I didn't have my wallet with me for whatever reason (e.g. lock-out).

I've never had to use them while alone driving, but my husband's vehicle is almost 20 years old---and it's just starting to show!