Honored Contributor

Re: AAA So Slow To Send Out Card

Be sure to have their service phone number with you.  I have never had to show them my card, but recently I had to show them my driver's license to prove I was the one that called for a tow.  I wouldn't be without them.

Honored Contributor

just yesterday I realized I have no memory that I got a new AAA card, but Imdid remember being to,d once that as long as I had a card so the number could be retrieved, I could get service.   Even so, I intend to print a new card soon.

Honored Contributor

Like Jackbear showed, you can always print one up to keep until you get the permanent one.  I also have my auto insurance with them and one year I lost the new insurance ID card (totally on me).  I printed one up and they sent me a new one pretty quickly.

I've been with AAA for several decades and find them to have outstanding customer service.  This year, as in past years, I received the new cards well ahead of time.    It must have been a fluke and I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

Honored Contributor

You probably can go their website and copy the card.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

You probably can go their website and copy the card.

@Imaoldhippie  If you read the thread, you'd know there's no "probably" about it.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone. I didn't even know you could print out a digital one. So, I went to the website and printed it out. Who knows how long it will take for the plastic one to arrive. At least this will work if needed until next year. I don't know  why she just didn't tell me to do this when I spoke to her  2 weeks ago.Thank you everyone for your help. But, I do remember when I ordered one for my son a year ago it took 2 months before I got the card. I don't know why they advertised in 2 weeks you will have a card when that is not the case.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cuddlesmama   Also:  How did you sign up?  Online or in person?

Either way you should have had some type of confirmation.

We used AAA at one time and when we signed up we were given confirmation regarding coverage while waiting for the permanent card to come through. 

I signed up on line and never got any type of confirmation which I thought was odd. All I know I would never recommend this company to anyone. It should never take months to receive a AAA card in the mail.

Honored Contributor

Are you sure it's the "real" AAA and not some scam. You say they're taking money monthly. I know that here I pay yearly, not monthly. There's no monthly option here. You said you signed up online, so it's possible you signed up on a fake site that's milking your bank account. I've never heard of AAA offering monthly payments. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country, but here, you pay yearly, not monthly. They're generally very responsive with e-mail verifications of your transactions. You say you got nothing. My suspicion is that you're being scammed. I'd recommend going directly to the AAA website and verifying your account there. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Are you sure it's the "real" AAA and not some scam. You say they're taking money monthly. I know that here I pay yearly, not monthly. There's no monthly option here. You said you signed up online, so it's possible you signed up on a fake site that's milking your bank account. I've never heard of AAA offering monthly payments. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country, but here, you pay yearly, not monthly. They're generally very responsive with e-mail verifications of your transactions. You say you got nothing. My suspicion is that you're being scammed. I'd recommend going directly to the AAA website and verifying your account there. 

@gardenman   When we had AAA we had the option to pay monthly, quarterly, or yearly.  I do not know if she had those options.

I do agree that she should check her info on a reputable AAA website.

It would have been better is she had a local AAA office.

I am surprised at how long it is taking  to receive a card and that is why I suggested she check her spam/junk email folder when a second card was to be emailed to her.

Either way, she was able to print out her info and I don't believe this is a scam unless she clicked on one of those "Ad" sites and not the valid AAA website.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cuddlesmama   Also:  How did you sign up?  Online or in person?

Either way you should have had some type of confirmation.

We used AAA at one time and when we signed up we were given confirmation regarding coverage while waiting for the permanent card to come through. 

I signed up on line and never got any type of confirmation which I thought was odd. All I know I would never recommend this company to anyone. It should never take months to receive a AAA card in the mail.

@cuddlesmama   I'm sorry you had such trouble.  We had AAA for years and never had a problem.

Did you ever check your junk/spam folder in your email?  The card may have ended up there instead of your in-box.

Either way it looks as though you have your card now so good luck.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh