Honored Contributor

Re: A product used in a unintended way

Marbles and a cup/glass to store your brushes.

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whenever I purchase a new garment that has any buttons, the first thing I do is dab a drop of CLEAR NAIL POLISH on the thread attaching the button to the fabric to give it staying power.  Every button on the garment.    It's also especially good to "dab" all the buttons on your heavier coats and jackets ....  reinforces all the threads.

This not only helps with everyday wear and tear, but also through the dry cleaning and laundry cycles.    I haven't lost a button in many, many years.   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this qualifies for this thread but I have a small, four inch cast iron trivet on my counter as I have a tendency to use smaller pots and pans.  I also use it as a makeshift panini press as it is the perfect size for a sandwich . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee That is beautiful and I will definately use your tip.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't done this myself, but DH used to do it about once a month.  He hated the rings that can build up inside a boilet bowl  He would use a toilet brush or an old mop head or whatever to push the water level in the toilet down a few iinches. Then he would drizzle WD40 all along the toilet ring.  Leave it on for half an hour or so, and when he rinsed it out, the ring was gone.  Our toilets always looked spotless inside . I have no idea how or why it worked, but it always did. Now that he's gone, I have to learn to do this myself. I miss him so badly!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

I was reading how someone used gel toothpaste to wash their hands because there was no soap left.Apparently it went well so I got to wondering about all the other ways you ingenious people are using your stuff.I have been reusing a soap foamer hand soap container.I put in a ltablespoon of bath gel(have way too many) and fill with water....works great.So what new creative things are happening in your house?

I have been using bath gel for years in my hand soap bottle.I cannot use Philosopy shower gels on my body ,so it went in my hand soap dispenser.Any bath product I either do not like or my body cannot tollerate goes into my hand soap jar.

Same with hand creams I use them on my feet.

I use mouthwash for toothpaste if needed.

If I think of others I will be back!

Respected Contributor

I use my Nick Chavez conditioner on my hands and nails everyday in the shower. It helps condition them. I don't use the conditioner on my hair because my hair is too fine and does not need conditioner. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use:

1.  Toothpaste (whatever is on sale) and old toothbrush to clean my jewelry.

2.  Suave shampoo as bubble bath and to do hand laundry  (excellent in removing makeup).  It's wonderful on hand washable woolens ... followed by a bit of hair conditioner in the rinse.

3.  Eye shadow makes the perfect eyebrow makeup - brushed on the eyebrow, not on the skin

Honored Contributor

If your 'flora and fauna' has a hard time with scented bath salts, bubblebath or bath oils, I can testify that Morton Natural All Purpose Sea Salt tossed in a tub of water feels like you are pampering yourself and there is no irritation or UTIs.

It's cheap too. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

If your 'flora and fauna' has a hard time with scented bath salts, bubblebath or bath oils, I can testify that Morton Natural All Purpose Sea Salt tossed in a tub of water feels like you are pampering yourself and there is no irritation or UTIs.

It's cheap too. 

@Bird mama

thank you so much for this info.  Since I hit 78 ,I have been going nuts trying everything I can find and nothing has worked!!!!

(p.s........ I am a bird momma too  <3  )