Honored Contributor

A product used in a unintended way

I was reading how someone used gel toothpaste to wash their hands because there was no soap left.Apparently it went well so I got to wondering about all the other ways you ingenious people are using your stuff.I have been reusing a soap foamer hand soap container.I put in a ltablespoon of bath gel(have way too many) and fill with water....works great.So what new creative things are happening in your house?

Honored Contributor

Re: A product used in a unintended way

[ Edited ]

As I've said (here) before, wish I would have kept my foam-pump container from a Perlier Tiramisu foam bath soap (years ago).  Anyway, thanks for this thread!  Hope others will post their DIY's and tips, recycling tips, repurposing ideas,  etc.  ........... Upcycling ideas, too!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I love this topic @dex.

Can't wait to see our inventors!

I have many. But one I use everyday  I made for my dog. I have a terrible problem with my (scleroderma) hands and I can't grasp my dog's tennis ball so I put inside an old sock . This gives me a "handle" on the ball and makes it easy for me to get if from her mouth.Smiley Happy She likes playing tug with it, too. You can't do that with just a plain ball.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Toothpaste is also useful for cleaning the sink. If you have some you don't like or use, squeeze some into a wet sink and scrub away.

Honored Contributor

I've used toothpaste (white) to clear my car headlights which were "cloudy."  Worked liked a charm.  I learned this from YouTube.

I've used a squeezed lemon to blond my "rat's tail." 

I use Octogon soap & a toothbrush to clean my stainless steel jewelry 2x a year.

Oley soap bar to "condition" my hair.  Just started doing this as I am letting my hair grow out for the winter.

White Vinager & newspaper to clean mirrors & windows.

That's all I can think of for now..... Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I use argan oil to put on zippers to ease the sliding.  Also use argan oil to rub on scratches on leather purses and furniture!

Honored Contributor

Rub candle wax along the top side of your closet-rod to make it easier to slide your hangers across it...whooosh.

Honored Contributor

If you have white walls (or close to that) and need to fill a nail hole (and don't have any spackle) you can fill it with a blob of white toothpaste and wipe over it like you would with spackle.

Honored Contributor

Make a spice rack for your McCormick red lidded spices by turning a wooden cutlery tray for a drawer on its side and it's nice enough to be left on a counter.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shaving cream to clean a bathroom sink.