Respected Contributor

Re: A product used in a unintended way

[ Edited ]

Bug remover , cars , motorcycles and other vehicles.    This works fast.

Empty spray bottle, two cups of water and one dryer sheet. Downy or other brand.   Pour water in the bottle and roll dryer sheet jelly roll style so it slides into the neck of the spray bottle.  Set bottle on it's side over night so the dryer sheet is submerged in the water.  The next day your bottle is ready for use.   Spray on metal or fiberglass , wait a few minutes and the bugs come off easily with a microfiber cloth.  We use this prior to washing our motorcycle.    If you only use liquid fabric softener use the recipe above and add a tablespoon of it instead of the dryer sheet.  This keeps for quite a while.

empty.JPG

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch,

I love your bug cleaner! Wish I had it back when I had driven my car through a swarm of bees. They stayed on my car forever and ruined the paint!Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch  Your post reminded me of another use for fabric softener.  It's a great, inexpensive, wall paper remover.  Spray a strong dilution (with water) onto the paper (it helps if you used a paper tiger first, to perforate, letting the solution 'get in there') and wait a few minutes.  The softener loosens the paper paste, making the paper come off in large pieces and the paste easily wiped off the wall.  It also smells good and isn't damaging to your hands or nails.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

@stargazergal wrote:

Okay....... So anti chafing gel and preperation H on the face....... ha ha ! 

@madzonie wrote:

Monistat anti-chafing gel for foundation primer

@stargazergal  LOL  Yeah, I know.  But hey, if they work....  :-)  I heard long, long ago, maybe on an old episode of "Oprah," that using Preparation H under the eyes (just a teeeensy-tiny little bit, carefully dabbed) gets rid of puffiness.  Full disclosure: I used to do this, and it worked, but eventually didn't feel like doing it anymore.  I used to gently rub it off with a damp washcloth, though, after a while, as I didn't want to keep it on when applying makeup.

Honored Contributor

About that Prep-H...I read an article a while back about using it to get rid of bags under the eyes and that the original formula of Prep-H worked well for that. However, the formula has changed and it won't work like that anymore. I don't know when they changed the formula, just that it was changed.

Honored Contributor

Windex for removing tight rings off of the fingers.....OMG!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee You can still get the original in Canada if you want to try it

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee You can still get the original in Canada if you want to try it

@dex,

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find what that "original" item was...lol!Woman LOL Please refresh my memory. Thank you.Woman Happy