Valued Contributor

Nightowlz-I noticed in the come out and play discussion you said you lived in Newfoundland Canada. Where about did you live? My mother was from Harbor Grace. I have an aunt and a cousin who are in St Johns. I had an aunt & uncle who have passed now, but they lived in Nova Scotia. I got to go to Nfld and see the house my mom grew up in.  I was younger so didn't appreciate as much as I would now. Did think it was cool that we had to take a ferry from the mainland to get ot Nfld.

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: A ? for nightowlz please

[ Edited ]

If you add @Nightowlzin your title, she'll get a notification.

Valued Contributor

Thanks lulu!

cookin

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

Nightowlz-I noticed in the come out and play discussion you said you lived in Newfoundland Canada. Where about did you live? My mother was from Harbor Grace. I have an aunt and a cousin who are in St Johns. I had an aunt & uncle who have passed now, but they lived in Nova Scotia. I got to go to Nfld and see the house my mom grew up in.  I was younger so didn't appreciate as much as I would now. Did think it was cool that we had to take a ferry from the mainland to get ot Nfld.

cookin

@cookinfreak All I can remember is Harmon Air Force Base in Newfoundland. I looked on Google Maps & St. Johns is 7 1/2 hrs east. My youngest brother was born there.  I was so young all I remember was getting on those toboggans down the big hill out back & playing in the snow all the time. The snow was always over my head. One night some buses got stranded in the blizzard so every house made room for visitors to spend the night.