Honored Contributor

Re: A New Month is About to Begin - What are You Looking Forward to in August?

@Goodie2shoes   Unlike you, I'd just as soon skip my birthdays. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Celebrating some birthdays.  Quite a few in our family were born in August.  

Respected Contributor

@wilmawrote:

My birthday's in August so I'm looking forward to celebrating another year. I will be treating myself to my favorite sweets: cherry pie and Hershey kisses. I haven't had either since Easter as I'm trying to cut back on desserts and candy.

I'm supposed to go on a trip with my 2 sisters in August, but one has back issues right now. That along with the Delta variant may change our plans.

Happy August to Everyone! 🌈

My birthday is also in August but I won't be eating Hersheys kisses although I love them I have to watch my diet and keep my Type 2 diabetes under control, off all meds ( what a blessing) Enjoy your vacation if you get to go and have a happy birthday !

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Big or small

For me - I'm having some old family videos digitized (finally).

@ThinkingOutLoud   Do you mind my asking who you are using for that.  I have everything from Super 8 reels to Beta Videos, I would be crushed if anything happened to them. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm looking forward to moving into my new apartment next weekend. I moved from Buffalo to North Carolina in June and I have been staying with my daughter and son-in-law. It has been great living with them but it will be nice to have my own place and my own furniture. My new place is only a few minutes from them so we'll probably still see each other every day. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud    I am not necessarily looking forward to anything but thinking how did August get here so quickly?  Time flys as we age.  I hope our weather stays in the low 80's so we can enjoy it outside.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Big or small

For me - I'm having some old family videos digitized (finally).

@ThinkingOutLoud   Do you mind my asking who you are using for that.  I have everything from Super 8 reels to Beta Videos, I would be crushed if anything happened to them. 

@Georgiagrama  If you have a DVD/VCR combo, you can transfer your Beta videos onto a DVD disc.

I only have VCR.  I also have a Mac.  I use Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at Sat, Jul 31, 2021-4.32.12 PM.pngThere is a PC (Windows) version.  Easy peasy.  The end result was better than I expected.

I purchased from either BestBuy or Circuit City years ago.  At the time I got it on sale for under $40.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Our DD's birthday!! Oh how I miss the times spent planning parties for her & watching her tear into her cake & presents. 🤗🎈🎂🎁
Honored Contributor

What am I looking forward to in August?

Each and every day.  I love August.  It's probably my favorite month.  I wish it lasted for 3 months!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 : Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live. 😉