Esteemed Contributor

A Neighbor Everyone Should Have.....

Our neighbor about 1/2 mile down the road called yesterday morning to see how we were doing and said she was bringing DD and I supper.  Ask if 5:00 was good for us.

At 5 on the dot she brought a hugh pan of stuffed shells, a loaf of Italian bread and a cherry cheesecake pie.  Everything was wonderful.  DS stopped by unexpectedly later last night and I sent him home with enough for a couple of meals.

She works 12 shifts and yesterday was her day off.  She is the nicest person and she has a grown married daughter who is just as nice and she is one of the most beautiful young women I have ever seen both physically and inside to boot.

DH used to fix her lawnmowers and roto-tiller etc. He thought the world of her too.

I might have a jerk right next door but I have a dream 1/2 away,

Frequent Contributor

Re: A Neighbor Everyone Should Have.....

You have been blessed!

Valued Contributor

Being lucky to actually have kind caring neighbors is wonderfulm and quite a blessing.

Some are so nice, while others are users and always need some favors but never  ever reciprocate.

I always  reciprocate quickly whenever they bring something over or do something really unexpected and compassionately kind.

They are like rare gems, and I too am so darn lucky to call them not only my neighbors, but my wonderful friends.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   It's just so refreshing to know that somewhere everywhere there are folks who are just like your blessed neighbor and her daughter. Wonderful neighbors, good people - all just giving thoughts and deeds to others just because.

I also hope you and your dear husband are doing well these days. Your husband has had a rough way to go, you are his best care giver, we just need to stand beside and wish you both well.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - you are so fortunate to have a caring neighbor. That was a wonderful thing to do.

Years ago, there was a young neighbor with little kids that was going through chemo. She was so sick from the treatment and could not take any odors. As it happened to be around Thanksgiving, I asked her Mom what they were doing. She said no cooking because of the odors. As I had two ovens in my kitchen, I asked if I could make dinner for the family and bring it over at a certain time. 

This helped give them Thanksgiving dinner with no odors permeating the house. It was a good feeling. And, I cooked many more dinners through the months for them.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @That was an uplifting and thoughtful surprise.Your neighbor brought more than food for your body but also for your soul.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I've been thinking of you and so glad you have a wonderful neighbor. I'm also blessed to have wonderful neighbors that help me with different things as I have health issues. Anyhow, I'm so glad that you have good friends after your sudden loss, but it sounds to me that you and your late DH were good friends, too.Take care of yourself. 

Trusted Contributor

That's really lovely. My parents were always the people that made food if someone was sick and my dad always helped out with snow shoveling and stuff. Now that they are the old people in the nieghborhood it's like crickets. Even when they've offered to pay someone to cut the lawn they couldn't count on them.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD I'm sorry to report DH passed away May 25th.

Valued Contributor

I’m very sorry about your husband. 🙏🏻💕