Frequent Contributor

Re: A Neighbor Everyone Should Have.....

Some people are just so thoughtful and lovely.  I was thinking of you yesterday and am glad to see your post.  

Sincerely,

Karen

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both my neighbors are wonderful but sadly, one is moving this month. I met the young man and his fiancee who bought the house. "Hi! We love to have parties and play the guitar. Hope you like music!" I can hardly contain my joy...not.

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a very long 3 weeks.  People have been wonderful, my DH was loved by many. As a very independent person I have learned, after 68 years,  to ask for help if needed. I got myself out of the house with my walker, down 4 steps and to the car without falling.Just went to the post office but by darn I did it. DH and I had a system getting me to the car when we went somewhere  At least I can do it myself until I get my new knee. DD make one rule, I have to let her know I'm going out and if she doesn't hear from me in a certain time limit she calls someone to come and make sure I'm not splayed in the driveway.  Kids!!!!!

I also learned that most entities that need to be contacted regarding his passing make it as difficult and stressful as possible.

Honored Contributor

It seems that kind and caring people aren't as abundant as they were in years past.  I am so happy that you have a wonderful neighbor who was thinking about you and treated you with an act of kindness to show her concern. A blesssing indeed, I'm sure your DH was a wonderful man. When will you be getting your new knee?

Respected Contributor

Kind neighbors like your yours are a blessing.

In dark days it is helpful to count those blessings and keep them close to your heart.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

You have been on my mind and in my prayers.  Happy to see you posted.  

Your neighbor is a gem!  It’s karma!  DH fixing her stuff, her fixing you and DD stuff! 

Take care and thanks for letting us know how you’re doing.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN   I see the Dr. next week.  I have a weeding at the beginning of Aug. (long story) that I cannot avoid. I hope right after that. I am really dreading the surgery though.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2, thank you for your reply. Please let us know when you have the surgery so that we can send healing wishes your way.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN I will let you know when I am having it done. As you can imagine I am not thrilled about seeing another hospital anytime soon.

Just as a note, DH's official cause of death was multiple organ failure listed first and secondary causes aspiration pneumonia and sepsis from bowel obstruction. It's still hard to believe how fast it happened.

Honored Contributor

Not that this is any consolation, but at least he didn't have to linger and suffer for an extended period of time.