Honored Contributor

Re: 2019 or Newer Speed Queen

i have the TR7 top loading. i much prefer it to a front loading HE machine and as i said, i can adjust the water levels. i find it easier to get my things out of the tub. no hidden gasket like a front loading machine.....where mildew can form and things can get "lost."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@Twins Mom - I have been watching the washing machine threads here for quite awhile as our Maytag was new in May 1983 and someday will need to be replaced.  I had thought Speed Queen and then saw lots of bad comments right after they changed to meet energy/efficiency requirements.  A number of people recommended a Commercial version of the Maytag.  The model number is Maytag MVWP575GW if you want to google it.  It seems to get excellent reviews. 

I am reading with interest the comments on this thread from owners of the newer Speed Queen models. 

Good luck on your quest!

Respected Contributor

@ceekay 

Something to consider.  Seems like I had read about this on previous threads. Thank you