Respected Contributor

Re: 2 More Accusers

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

How can you possibly know what I have gone through or not?

If they couldn't speak up then when being brave would have saved another, when their identity could have been protected, why now? Could it be an appearance on talk shows and CNN? 

I'm not a fan of Cosby, never have been, he's a buffoon and I dislike buffoons. But lets not make these women something they are not. 

He is a criminal, and they are victims.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

How...mature.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Are we meant to have sympathy for these women? I have none. Where were they when they could have prevented others from experiencing the same fate? Why didn't they speak up when it could have done someone some good? Now they want their 15 minutes, shame on them.

Bill Cosby was a huge money maker for NBC from 1984 to 1992 and before then worked for CBS.  The women who came forward at the time were not given air time by NBC News, et al.  They were discredited and made to look foolish; essentially called liars.  

Frequent Contributor

Yep---Look at Clinton.  Some people get away with it and some it will haunt them to the grave.  It just depends on how much power and influence they have...I guess Cosby's has faded.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

How can you possibly know what I have gone through or not?

If they couldn't speak up then when being brave would have saved another, when their identity could have been protected, why now? Could it be an appearance on talk shows and CNN? 

I'm not a fan of Cosby, never have been, he's a buffoon and I dislike buffoons. But lets not make these women something they are not. 

Nobody can know what another has gone through.. I have been reading these threads for months and have kept quiet..but I need to speak to this...one of the accusers is a very, very close friend of mine.. The incident happened when we were in high school, in the 1970's.. I know why she never told at the time..we all knew something had "happened".I know also how this changed her and affected her life, her self respect  and her relationships for the last 4 decades...

She, her family , and all who care about her, have been through hell since she came forward..there is certainly no "glory" in it, believe me.....

i have said said enough and will say no more..Cosby is a predator, like many  others, who was so powerful that in his own arrogant mind  that he was above the rules...or so he thought..

Respected Contributor

@Just4Me wrote:

Yep---Look at Clinton.  Some people get away with it and some it will haunt them to the grave.  It just depends on how much power and influence they have...I guess Cosby's has faded.

Clinton didn't rape Monica or anyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune Bill, played a rapist when he was gov. of Arkansas.  Even the state police knew this and his personal guards.  He paid females to pass by or whatever, he'd lunge out at them, and the show was on.  Folks still voted for him, especially females - the many uninformed ones and the ones in denial. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@fortune Bill, played a rapist when he was gov. of Arkansas.  Even the state police knew this and his personal guards.  He paid females to pass by or whatever, he'd lunge out at them, and the show was on.  Folks still voted for him, especially females - the many uninformed ones and the ones in denial. 

Source?