Trusted Contributor

@Marp wrote:

It really is a shame that some people never seem to get what they deserve.  They just float along being repeatedly despicable with little or no consequences.

Hopefully one day ...

@Marp  It appears that he is getting (only) some of what he deserves. According to USA Today "The allegations have destroyed Cosby's career, while his heretofore benevolent personal image has been defaced, literally and figuratively. He's lost gigs, scores of honorary degrees and honors, and is battling at least six civil suits and even possible criminal charges." And he continues to deny all wrongdoing; he knew what he was doing, didnt care and repeated it over and over again. Last I heard, his wife is standing by him...."enabler". Sickening....

Respected Contributor

At this point...........I vote for the short list...........who HASN'T he molested................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@Zooky wrote:

@Marp wrote:

It really is a shame that some people never seem to get what they deserve.  They just float along being repeatedly despicable with little or no consequences.

Hopefully one day ...

@Marp  It appears that he is getting (only) some of what he deserves. According to USA Today "The allegations have destroyed Cosby's career, while his heretofore benevolent personal image has been defaced, literally and figuratively. He's lost gigs, scores of honorary degrees and honors, and is battling at least six civil suits and even possible criminal charges." And he continues to deny all wrongdoing; he knew what he was doing, didnt care and repeated it over and over again. Last I heard, his wife is standing by him...."enabler". Sickening....

But ... He is not getting what he deserved.  His family and co workers will suffer, but he has had the joy and privilage of gainging all this when others were suffering. He has been at the highlight and been THE MAN.  He doesn't care what they take away now because he's had it all his career.  He and his wife could not care less about anything but themselves.  Always has been, always will be.  Bless the beautiful, scared women that came forward and are still coming forward.  How many more are out there that can't or won't come forward? 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Are we meant to have sympathy for these women? I have none. Where were they when they could have prevented others from experiencing the same fate? Why didn't they speak up when it could have done someone some good? Now they want their 15 minutes, shame on them.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Are we meant to have sympathy for these women? I have none. Where were they when they could have prevented others from experiencing the same fate? Why didn't they speak up when it could have done someone some good? Now they want their 15 minutes, shame on them.

Being raped is very traumatizing!  Many many women never report it because of the trauma and the shame of the experience.  Also, many are afraid that the perpetrator might harm them.  It's hard to imagine what they went through for someone who hasn't experienced it.  15 minutes of fame--I don't think so.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

And shame on someone who would say shame on them.

90% of these instances happened when the public POV, and the repercussions for speaking out, were far, far different than they are today. If you can't relate to that or you refuse to acknowledge it, you are not viewing the situation in its time and place - and probably never will and don't have any desire to. Me, I live in the real world, and I did in the 60s and 70s too.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Not to be cruel but, time passes on for all.  The two women seem credible but to look at them you would think he was a desperate man.  They have lost their looks like so many of them and now he faces public ridicule as well for doing what he did to those women.  Maybe in the past they were attractive, but today, he has to feel badly. 

And this is relevant to anything whatever, how?

The women were afraid to come forward feeling they wouldn't be believed and the one who did the speaking brought a photo of herself in the past when she was younger.  She wanted to be believed and both wanted others who are too fearful to come forward even after all the years.  Many violated females are fearful of the ridicule, shame, and public attention they will get in that situation and others as well.  It could not be easy. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I knew posterw would probably not take my words well.  Sorry if you did because it wasn't meant to - I will explain.  The public is making comments on how the ladies appear today compared to the past when the allegations happened.  Remarks made are that they find it hard to believe with the looks the ladies have today.  The past and the years of living with the trauma has taken it's toll.  How could Mr. Cosby not feel badly about that.  He'd be less than an animal if he didn't feel he wronged so many. 

One might say "nice save", except it wasn't nice OR a "save."

Your take. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

How can you possibly know what I have gone through or not?

If they couldn't speak up then when being brave would have saved another, when their identity could have been protected, why now? Could it be an appearance on talk shows and CNN? 

I'm not a fan of Cosby, never have been, he's a buffoon and I dislike buffoons. But lets not make these women something they are not. 

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I knew posterw would probably not take my words well.  Sorry if you did because it wasn't meant to - I will explain.  The public is making comments on how the ladies appear today compared to the past when the allegations happened.  Remarks made are that they find it hard to believe with the looks the ladies have today.  The past and the years of living with the trauma has taken it's toll.  How could Mr. Cosby not feel badly about that.  He'd be less than an animal if he didn't feel he wronged so many. 

One might say "nice save", except it wasn't nice OR a "save."

Your take. 

Indeed.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all